Hornwort stem

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Retired Viking

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
I have a hornwort plant that was striped down to a few small branches and the stem by a snail. Will the plant grow back or is it best to toss out?

Throw it in a jar of tank water and keep some light on it and see what happens. Generally, when hornwort loses it needled it’s gone but maybe not since a snail was involved.

I have it floating in my just started 40 gallon tank, I will give it some time. Sad, it was a nice healthy plant before the snail. :mad:

My goldfish stripped mine, I have now put the stem in the my plant/shrimp tank and I can slowly see some sign of growth but not sure if it will go back to normal

My goldfish stripped mine, I have now put the stem in the my plant/shrimp tank and I can slowly see some sign of growth but not sure if it will go back to normal
You know, they say goldfish don’t mess with hornwort or anacharis but mine eat it like salad too.

You know, they say goldfish don’t mess with hornwort or anacharis but mine eat it like salad too.

Well we must have some special goldfish! Lol same with my ambulia they absolutely stripped them clean little buggers, I have put the sterns in the plant tank and it’s starting to grow back beautifully.

So there may be hope, thanks

Maybe hope. It’s very much been one of my slowest growing plants since they stripped it so don’t except a miracle straight away. I can only see one tiny bud on mine for now, i have the light on for about 14 hours a day on that tank and make sure my parameters are always intact

Attachments

• 995B7762-8D67-4946-8207-3AC52BB651F0.jpeg
    995B7762-8D67-4946-8207-3AC52BB651F0.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 159
So there may be hope, thanks

I just had a look at my little cutting I took off that stem in my last post to you and it has a nice little flowering growing from the top. In saying that, they didn’t really attack the top of the plant so as I had needles still intact the plant has still had some life.

Good luck with your battle. So far since I separated them the one snail left in the 55 gallon tank is behaving and has been leaving my plants alone.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back