Horned Nerite.... Gone?

I have a very thin substrate and did run my fingers through it and didn't come across the snail.  I even poked a cotton swab around in the tube bit of my filter in case the snail was in there!  I am planning to mix in some more substrate in the next week or so, so will look AGAIN when I do that.  It is baffling!  I am sure I should have found it, especially since I have all holes covered and it can't have gotten out!

Its Nelly!!!!!

nelly_zps73ee8603.jpg

Yay!!! So tiny and cute! Glad you found her :)

Hurray!

yahoo.gif

Whew! Now you can relax!

And tell Nelly off for hiding all this time! 
laugh.png

Within a few minutes of that picture she had already hidden again!!!  LOL  I put that almond leaf out a week ago hoping she'd come out and want to clean it!

At least I know she's still there and alive... and probably a male so I'll just say Nelly is short for Nelson.  LOL

Yahoo, she LIVES!  Ha haaa.

Want to let you know that, due to this thread, I read up on Horned Nerite snails and have added one to my smaller tank.  (That tank is an 'all in one' so the lid is tight all around).  Very small at time of purchase and yep I keep losing the darn thing!  I bought 2, took 6hours for the one to start moving; the second one never did so I returned it after 48 hours.  They didn't have any left, so got a refund.

An almond leaf, huh?  I'll have to read up a bit more.  Just now there is plenty in that tank to keep algae eaters busy.

I don't think it would eat the almond leaf... I bought those for the betta... but I thought putting it out might make it come and investigate and then I'd see it... and I did eventually.  LOL

The only annoying thing about Nelly is... she pretty much keeps the whole tank clean (10 gallon) but I have this algae covered ornament and she won't clean the whole thing!  LOL  There are random stripes across it of clean.

Sounds like Nelly is into interior decorating, and liked stripes! 
smile2.gif

Most reactions

Back