Hood question..

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Genki

Reaction score
Okay, I know there are a ton of topics already about lighting, I understand the wattage/gallon and kelvin scale stuff, but the touble is every standard aquarium hood I've seen isn't able to take the amount of wattage that is being recomended...For example, my 29gal tank hood can only hold a 20 watt bulb, which only gives me about .7 watts/gal. So, my question is, what kind of -hood- do you put these lights in? (I'd love product names. :D )

Thanks!

First, you can get a PC Retrofit for most hoods. This would be a single and at 30" would probably be 36W.

Second, www.ahsupply.com sells some prefinished hoods for installing there fictures. The prices aren't bad.

Third, if you search you can buy a hood with Power Compact high end lighting. The only catch is most of the ones I have seen come with 10,000K bulbs so you would have to purchase more bulbs.

Most people recommend building your own hood and then installing retrofit kits.

You could also go with an All-Glass glass hood, which is simpl glass plats that lay on top of the tank, and then put a coralife or similiar lighting ficture over it w/ mounting legs.

Most reactions

Back