Holy cow...I have fry!!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

wuvmybetta

Caw!!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
...I didn't even know! Earlier this morning I considered both of my wild spawn attempts to be a flop, so I pulled both girls (simplex and smaragdina) from the spawn tanks and put them back in their 2.5's.
For a couple of days my wild smaragdina has had a fabulous nest, but he still came out to eat etc and the female just moped around so I thought nothing of it. I was having a garage sale on Fri and Sat so I wasn't really paying attention to the fish aside from late night wc's and I barely looked in my spawn tanks at all.
I just made a round to feed and when I fed him I noticed tons of little tails hanging from the nest!! :hyper: :wub: :thumbs:

Bettaman said:
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: about time............... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I know, I just haven't had the time for babies and soon I'll have them coming out of my ears. My kribs' eggs hatched yesterday so I need to set up a bbs hatchery asap :nod: Babies!!!!! :hyper: :wub:
It's been months since I've had any (being responsible and all that). This is the day I've been waiting for!!
Thanks guys!

Congrats, and pics.

thats amazing kelly! im glad you had luck with your wilds, i on the other hand have not had such luck with my simplex. but i shall not ruin your post with my story ill pm you:)

congrats!

wuvmybetta said:
Bettaman said:
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: about time............... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I know, I just haven't had the time for babies and soon I'll have them coming out of my ears. My kribs' eggs hatched yesterday so I need to set up a bbs hatchery asap :nod: Babies!!!!! :hyper: :wub:
It's been months since I've had any (being responsible and all that). This is the day I've been waiting for!!
Thanks guys!
actually, on the kribs... mine hatched about a month ago or so and i've not had to do anything special towards feeding them. my tank's only been established since january, but it appears that there's enough food-type items in the lower levels for the fry to forage sucessfully. it may prove an issue for you since the tank's only been setup for a short while, but :dunno: do you feed any sort of sinking food?

do you feed any sort of sinking food?
Yes, the kribs eat 'color bits', just like the frontosa. It's a sinker. They also eat mostly frozen or live,which sinks. When I got them last year from a guy on the board (rollntider) they were young,like 6 weeks. I asked what on Earth they ate because they didn't really want anything and he told me their parents always fed them :wub: :wub: So I expect the same out of these guys but I'll still offer bbs in a week or so, I have to hatch it anyway for the bettas :)

I'll try to get some pics soon. He has his nest way back in the corner, out of sight :rolleyes:

Sam , my simplex weren't even interested! I believe they've become too food oriented :/ I have to fix it somehow.

Woohoo!!!! HUGE congrats, Wuv! That's awesome! :hyper:
I can't wait for pics (hint hint :hey: )

Most reactions

Back