Holiday - Feeding Question

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

confused mermaid

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I noticed that the lot of you don't feed your fish for a week when you go on holiday and they all seem to fare fine. I believe you that it's ok but for some reason I can't fathom leaving for a whole week without giving them something. Do ANY of you use those feeder pyramids that time release food for either three or seven days? Do you recommend or not recommend them and why?

Thanks

So I noticed that the lot of you don't feed your fish for a week when you go on holiday and they all seem to fare fine. I believe you that it's ok but for some reason I can't fathom leaving for a whole week without giving them something. Do ANY of you use those feeder pyramids that time release food for either three or seven days? Do you recommend or not recommend them and why?

Thanks

I feel like I over feed my fish because I feed them every day

if i was going away for less than 4-5 days i would leave them starving. but if longer i would always get someone to come round and feed them as i was or every couple of days becuase i couldnt trust feeders, i dont want to come back off holiday to a tank of dead fish

good luck

Adam

I have left mine for ten days with no food and they were fine.

If you think along the lines of 'the worst fed fish in captivity is better fed than the best fed wild fish' This is something I will always remember, an old man who owned a fish shop in Brighton told me, when he thought I might be over feeding. So a week will be fine, you should come home to a nice clean tank. I wouldn't advise using those holiday feeder blocks. If you are worried buy one of those timed automatic feeders, they release food into the tank at the time you set.

Holiday feeders are not good, i had two and came back, and by the looks of it the snails had got it all and the fish had none, all they did was pollute my water, i would no recommend

I used a 7 day holiday pyramid feeder and when i came back the thing was mostly gone apart from the base, the fish were fine and the water was clear so i would use it again. Probably depends what fish you have as i have barbs and rainbows which seem to eat everything

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back