Holding fish out of water?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Barry Tetra

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Why most of the petshop online holding fish like this? I mean it can cause them to stress right?

Attachments

• High-Quality-Discus-Fish-Breeder-Freshwater-Fish.jpg_350x350.jpg
    High-Quality-Discus-Fish-Breeder-Freshwater-Fish.jpg_350x350.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 91
As long as their hands are wet so as not to affect the slime coat it is OK long enough to take a pic for sale purposes. Fish gills still in water. Not my favorite way to photograph a fish though.

As long as their hands are wet so as not to affect the slime coat it is OK long enough to take a pic for sale purposes. Fish gills still in water. Not my favorite way to photograph a fish though.
I agree that has to causing them stress :(

Definitely not my favorite method on photographing fish. As @Deanasue said, as long as their hands are wet, so it doesn’t take of their protective slime coat, it is OK. I know this from fishing. Every time a land a bass I always wet my hands.

If the fish is being particularly uncooperative I'll take pictures like that but with smaller fish (like my young OB peacocks) I simply press them gently between the glass and my hand then snap a few pics that way.

Either way is stressful but it's not like I do it very often nor for a long period of time, a few seconds and they're free to go.

I always just take pictures of my fish in the water. It does take patience though. It may take any where between 5 minutes and 15 minutes just to get a perfect picture.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back