Hmmmm New Discus Arriving At My Lfs

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

hillmar77

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just got a heads up today that a new batch of Forrest Discus are incoming at my LFS. So tempting, I'm thinking of setting up a new tank so I'm not overstocked!! :no:
Here is the preview :wub:
Forrest is
Booking the shipment for next week.
Theres been alot
Of people waiting
So get your names in to reserve.
4-4.5 inch super eruption selected
3-3.6 pigeon
4" alenquers solid brown
3-3.5 flamingo
4-4.5 carnation turq
3-3.5
High body red turq
3-3.5
Tiger as
4.5-5 snakeskin blue
4.5-5
Brilliant turq
5-5.5 classic leopard
5-5.5
Shooting star LSs
5-5.5 shooting star
Leopard
3-3.5 albino cobalt throwback
3-3.5 hb bulldog blue turq
4-4,5 Vietnam flora

Yeah those are good fish. A guy in the bay area sells forrest fish they sell out so fast. I was thinking of getting some from the guy in the bay area who is 3 hours away but the shipping was $80 for one fish and I'm not that far away. I thought that was a bit of a rip off. I wish I had a good lfs that had nice discus they are always rejects and I always feel bad and buy them. I have room for one more and I'm on the research.

Where is your lfs?

April's aquarium in Vancouver....If I don't act within a few days, they will be all gone before they are even through the quarantine stage. what to do !!!! :crazy:
But yeah I have to agree with you on the quality Discus's, they are in such high demand that they do sell out at whatever price she posted them for. I might get rid of 2 of my Red turq's to pursue a pair of super eruptions??!! :crazy:

I am considering letting my ugly ghost disus go. He lost color and is nothing like I thought he would be. I lost one of my fav blue discus. I think my nasty female angel is part to blame. it happened around the time she had eggs. If I get rid of the angel and the ghost discus I would get 2 fish from Hans. Kenny the guy here that gets Forrest discus never seems to get the strains I want. They are always the fancy new one. I like old school discus. I like fish that remind me of wilds.

See if you can trade in your 2 for a new 2.

I am considering letting my ugly ghost disus go. He lost color and is nothing like I thought he would be. I lost one of my fav blue discus. I think my nasty female angel is part to blame. it happened around the time she had eggs. If I get rid of the angel and the ghost discus I would get 2 fish from Hans. Kenny the guy here that gets Forrest discus never seems to get the strains I want. They are always the fancy new one. I like old school discus. I like fish that remind me of wilds.

See if you can trade in your 2 for a new 2.
Oh lord.... now you've done it. She has a pair of Wild Brown Discus ( old school) there to, and now I can't resist any longer and heading down there in an hour! I'm sure its gonna cost me well over 150 dollars if I do plan on getting the old school Discus!! :no:
Wild list incoming too!
TEFE GREEN DISCUS (MED) SYMPHYSODON AEQUIFASCIATA
TEFE GREEN DISCUS (XLG) SYMPHYSODON AEQUIFASCIATA
RIO JAPURA GREEN DISCUS SYMPHYSODON JAPURUENSIS
BROWN DISCUS (NHAMUNDA) SYMPHYSODON AXELRODI
YELLOW SPOTTED GREEN DISCUS SYMPHYSODON ABACAXI
YELLOW TEFE LAKE DISCUS SYMPHYSODON AXELRODI

I want wilds so bad but the tefe greens make me drool. Someday I will have a
wild tank. John aka Snook21 has some nice one for a good price I bought one but when I got it the poor things bag leaked and he only had enough water to keep him wet. He had no heat pack. He never recovered from that and I lost him. He said I could have a credit. I'm scared to try that again. But he does have some tefe greens that's the fish of my dreams.

Post photos of the new fish good luck.

Yeah those are good fish. A guy in the bay area sells forrest fish they sell out so fast. I was thinking of getting some from the guy in the bay area who is 3 hours away but the shipping was $80 for one fish and I'm not that far away. I thought that was a bit of a rip off. I wish I had a good lfs that had nice discus they are always rejects and I always feel bad and buy them. I have room for one more and I'm on the research.

Where is your lfs?

Out of curiosity, do you mean Kenny? I also live about three hours from him and the FedEx quote I got (from them) was around $86, which I thought was ridiculous. I mean, gas for me to drive there and pick them up would be less. When I actually talked to him to place an order, however, he said that he has a great discount with Fedex because he does such a high volume of shipping. The cost ended up being only $30 for the four fish that I ordered, which was great.

I agree about his strains. I was planning on getting more than four fish but he didn't have a whole lot that I wanted. Or some of the ones I liked only came as adults and were super expensive. With shipping that reasonable though I guess I can always order again if I like the ones I get. They'll be in on Friday morning.

I agree, post pictures of your new guys Hillmar!

Yes I am talking about Kenny in the Bay area. I live in Tahoe do you too because that would be cool? I ended up just tonight putting an order in for 3 discus from Hans. Shipping was $86 but they are going cross country in the winter so it make sence. I like Hans I have talked to him on another forum he seems like a good guy.

Thats cool that kenny gave you the discount shipping. When I saw that I ran but I know he does a great job. I can't wait to see yours? What did you order? I am getting a blue snakeskin, Brilliant blue Turquoise, and a Alenquer they look wild. I was going to get only 2 but since the shipping is so much I need to get more to make it worth it you know. I will post photo if you do haha.

Welcome to the Forum.

Tahoe? I wish. I live in Fresno, which is a dreadful part of California to live in. I'm practically counting the months until I can get my degrees and run. :lol: Was your shipping $80 even with his bulk discount? I can't imagine why... unless Fedex has trouble getting things to where you live overnight and feels the need to jack up their prices because of it.

Sounds nice! I had some Alenquers and a few others that I sold recently. I found that they ended up looking really dull against the bright green of my plants and wanted some brighter colored discus. I ordered a checkerboard PB, a white butterfly/white scorpion cross, a golden crystal, and a snow white with lots of of blue on its fins. I also wanted to order some more (apparently I could have gotten up to 12 at that shipping rate!) but nothing else really caught my eye except one that cost $218 by itself. I may be fish crazy, but I do have some limits. :lol:
I'll post some pictures too then! Photography is one of my other hobbies anyways, so I'm sure I won't be able to keep my camera off of them for long. When are yours supposed to arrive?

And thanks for the welcome! I've been hanging around off and on for a while but haven't had much time to post anything. :blush:

Hello, did you guys tried to order fish from Bay Area Discus ?
I saw they have some very nice fish.. But never ordered from them..
_1.JPG

This is another old thread, 11 years old, so you are unlikely to get a reply.

Please stop posting about this store.

Most reactions

Back