High end Ritz guppies...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Overhere some photos of my High end Ritz guppies from Kenjiro Tanaka from Japan. The females have a good growth potential. Very ferm build females. I keep the blondes with the greys to keep the body pattern clear.
If you only keep blonde guppies, at some point after a number of generations, the pattern on a blonde bodied guppy will fade.

Attachments

• IMG_9728.JPG
    IMG_9728.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_9729.JPG
    IMG_9729.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_9726.JPG
    IMG_9726.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_9730.JPG
    IMG_9730.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 98
What are those rainbow ones? Beautiful...
I believe you mean the grey bodied males with magenta. Those are male High end Ritz guppies. But so are the blondes (males & females).
When we talk about blonde or grey bodied, we mean the base color. The color they have when born that will be covered by other color(s) and pattern later on.

How beautiful they are! I am thinking of buying a few for my aquarium.:fish:
By the way, I recently found a good site that has a huge amount of information regarding guppy fish and other fish species, I advise you to pay attention: aquariumfishcity.com
A huge amount of information regarding who to house the fish, how to feed them, and so on.

Last edited:
Much as I was glad when I found out my water was soft.... I suppose it wouldn't have been a disaster to have to keep guppies instead (I'm on the fence about altering gH, but even if I decide its an amazing idea I'm far too cheap and lazy to actually do it).

Much as I was glad when I found out my water was soft.... I suppose it wouldn't have been a disaster to have to keep guppies instead (I'm on the fence about altering gH, but even if I decide its an amazing idea I'm far too cheap and lazy to actually do it).
Well, they would do also well in "moderate" soft water. Guppies with fan tails or delta tails would prefer a bit harder water.

My water just 4dH according to welsh water and anything between 0 and 6 drops when my colour blind eyes test with a bottle. So much so that I'm worried my honey gourami turn out to be thick lipped which I believe are lake Inle which is medium hardness, so I'm worried im too soft

Overhere some photos of my High end Ritz guppies from Kenjiro Tanaka from Japan. The females have a good growth potential. Very ferm build females. I keep the blondes with the greys to keep the body pattern clear.
If you only keep blonde guppies, at some point after a number of generations, the pattern on a blonde bodied guppy will fade.
Gorgeous! I bought “Five Fancy Mutt Male Guppies“ on eBay. Pretty Boys!

So, $30,00 per 6 guppies. Which makes it $5.00 each guppy. Isn't that a bit much for mutt guppies?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back