Hi,this Is About Mollies And Fry

MollyFresh

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
204
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New Jersey, US
I have a couple questions. I have about 2 month old balloon belly mollies and they are the size of about 2 -2 1/2 grains of rice in length. Is that normal? I feed them a varied diet and they are in a 10 gallon tank. Their are 40 all together but only about 10 of them are the ones i'm talking about. The other 30 are new batches. which brings me to my next question. Is 40 fry good together in a 10 gallon?? It is cycled and I feed them maybe 2 big meals a day because thats the easiest arrangement for me. My Third question is, If the fry have been together since birth, do they have a close relationship? If I put them in water that isn't good for breeding, would they still breed because of their relationship?? I ask this because I had put males and females in my 35 gallon tank and they didnt breed.


EDIT: Oh and another question, I have bad water for breeding balloon mollies. I know that for a fact because they arn't breeding. Should I use pH and Hardness changers to make the water right for breeding? Is there some other type of water I can use that is always right for breeding instead of having to change tapwater?
 
They are all over crowded and need clean water to grow. Do you add salt into the water?
 
i wud normally have helped you as i have done but i think ur ttle is very rude!!!!!!


I was way down the list and I had a very nice title before but knowone answered, this was the only way to get your attention. Is that a problem!? It was what I had to do and your fish arn't going to die so why are you so upset?? Not answering my question will only make things worse as if you did answer my questions, well I wouldnt have any questions to ask so then My problems would be solved and if you don't well I'll still have the questions and what am I suppost to learn from you not answering it?? Are you standing up for what you think is wrong? my title is sooo rude that you can't answer my question? Does that make what I did useless?? At that rate I wouldnt get answered at all so I guess I'm gonna loose either way, Sorry for trying to get answers, I thought Someone could actually get answers on this site regardless of the title. Does the title REALLY make a difference in your life? Well I guess I would still have the questions if knowone answered but I can always ask somewhere else if you think that I am too "rude" to be here. I would rather just get answers without hassle. Maybe you shouldnt act rude by saying "i wud normally have helped you as i have done but i think ur ttle is very rude!!!!!!" because you didnt even know why I did it. YOu said you have helped me before, was my title "rude" then too? I don't think its a big deal. let me change the title especially for you. I don't think that will make a difference because people will read this and go " omg he was right she is rude" or " yeah just go somewhere else then" or say something else to back you up, right?

They are all over crowded and need clean water to grow. Do you add salt into the water?


Yes I do, Is that bad? I have a 35 Gallon hexagon with 3 fish in it. I was thinking about switching the 3 fish for the 45 something fish I have in the 10 gallon. The Hexagon looks bigger then 35 gallons ( trust me) its tall too so plenty of room. Is that Ok to do now??
 
I would post this question in the livebearer section. I have no experience in breeding. 10 gal. sounds too small for all those and you need to find the best way to care for them. Put "Molly Fry" in the tiltle.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top