Hi there

Chunky's mom

Reaction score
Hi my 9 yr old twin granddaughters and I are the proud owners of our new betta chunky. We had a beautiful one named Alice. When we bought him he was so tiny and the girls picked out one of those small treasures chest. He loved swimming through it. As he grew I bought a log for him and some nice fake plants. We cleaned the tank and took care and loved him. He would swim over when he saw us. 2 weeks ago I woke up and was looking for him so we could feed him and sadly my one granddaughter saw him stuck in the little chest. I hadn't thought to remove it. It was so terrible. My son in law tried sawing the chest apart but there was no hope. So sadly he put him out of his misery.
We waited and bought a new betta over the weekend. I have had the tank up and running. I wshed it all out and everything in it. So 3 days ago we put chunky in. He swam around even hung out in the little log. Of course the heater stopped so I ordered one from Amazon. Should be here tomorrow
Then I went to clean the tank and the pump part broke so now waiting on that.... he's swimming around and hides 8n the fake plants. They seem to be shedding? Like pieces are coming off. Not sure what to do

Hi my 9 yr old twin granddaughters and I are the proud owners of our new betta chunky. We had a beautiful one named Alice. When we bought him he was so tiny and the girls picked out one of those small treasures chest. He loved swimming through it. As he grew I bought a log for him and some nice fake plants. We cleaned the tank and took care and loved him. He would swim over when he saw us. 2 weeks ago I woke up and was looking for him so we could feed him and sadly my one granddaughter saw him stuck in the little chest. I hadn't thought to remove it. It was so terrible. My son in law tried sawing the chest apart but there was no hope. So sadly he put him out of his misery.
We waited and bought a new betta over the weekend. I have had the tank up and running. I wshed it all out and everything in it. So 3 days ago we put chunky in. He swam around even hung out in the little log. Of course the heater stopped so I ordered one from Amazon. Should be here tomorrow
Then I went to clean the tank and the pump part broke so now waiting on that.... he's swimming around and hides 8n the fake plants. They seem to be shedding? Like pieces are coming off. Not sure what to do
Although I’m moving to all live plants, I bought several artificial ones that are mostly out of the tanks now. But they never shredded or broke off. I would throw defective ones out & get new ones.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back