Hi, I'm New

mistymoo

New Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

I have never kept fish, but at the weekend I was in a pet store that had a fish department, and was wandering having a look (as usual).

I saw the most facinating fish I have ever seen and I am hoping that someone can tell me what it is and if it/they would be easy to keep.

I saw it on Friday and I just can't get it out of my mind lol.

It looked like a yellow sugar lump and had the most amazing eyes, tiny, tiny fins that you could hardly see, and a tiny tail. It really did look like a piece of lemon rind swimming.

Thanks for your help.
 
Hi,

I have never kept fish, but at the weekend I was in a pet store that had a fish department, and was wandering having a look (as usual).

I saw the most facinating fish I have ever seen and I am hoping that someone can tell me what it is and if it/they would be easy to keep.

I saw it on Friday and I just can't get it out of my mind lol.

It looked like a yellow sugar lump and had the most amazing eyes, tiny, tiny fins that you could hardly see, and a tiny tail. It really did look like a piece of lemon rind swimming.

Thanks for your help.
did it look like this
boxfish.jpg
 
Hi,

I have never kept fish, but at the weekend I was in a pet store that had a fish department, and was wandering having a look (as usual).

I saw the most facinating fish I have ever seen and I am hoping that someone can tell me what it is and if it/they would be easy to keep.

I saw it on Friday and I just can't get it out of my mind lol.

It looked like a yellow sugar lump and had the most amazing eyes, tiny, tiny fins that you could hardly see, and a tiny tail. It really did look like a piece of lemon rind swimming.

Thanks for your help.
did it look like this
boxfish.jpg

Sorry, no, not like that one, it was cube shaped and plain pale lemon
 
I have had another look and think it may be a young box fish?
 
I have had another look and think it may be a young box fish?
Yeah thats what I thought from your description

The picture I put up is of an older one

Not the easiest of fish to keep and have a nasty habit of giving out a toxin that kills everything in the tank themselves included :(

Not a fish I would recommend but the baby ones are very cute
 
Hi mistymoo :)

Welcome to the forum! :hi:

I'm going to move your thread over to the Tropical Discussion section. It's a busier place and since more members will see it, perhaps they might know of others that fit your description.
 
Thanks for your help.

Having now read about cycling, testing kits etc., it all sounds very complicated. I think I will stick to dogs lol

But you are right he/she was very cute. I hope it gets a good home
 
Thanks for your help.

Having now read about cycling, testing kits etc., it all sounds very complicated. I think I will stick to dogs lol

But you are right he/she was very cute. I hope it gets a good home


I have been back today and it is labelled on the tank as a "long horned cow fish" but it doesn'thave horns unless they are retractable like a snail ?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top