Hi From Lancashire! :)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Seeker

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My partner and I have recently moved into our new house and we're looking to add some finned friends to our lives.  I've been lurking for a while, but now we're unpacked and settled I thought I'd sign up here and clue myself up a bit before we do anything too mad.

I'm not new to fishkeeping but I've made some mistakes in the past - as a teen I kept my adorable Oscar in 150 litres (sorry, boy) and I'm ashamed to say I once put a betta in an uncycled tank (on poor advice from the LFS).  This time around I want to avoid mess-ups like that and have the healthiest, happiest fish possible.

At the moment the OH and I haven't agreed exactly what we want from our fishkeeping experience; I'm a fan of individual "character" fish, whereas he's more keen on a community setup.  We don't have huge amounts of space, but I can see us ending up with at least two tanks on the go 
innocent.gif
 the kitchen's a good size and we have a stretch of counter about 100x60cm that isn't getting used for anything at the moment, although the gap between the worksurface and the cupboard above is only 40cm, so angel fish are out of the picture!  There's also room to tuck a nano in the study.

Anyway, glad to meet you all - apologies in advance for any silly questions!

:hi: to the forum, seeker.

If you've been lurking, you should know by now we can take as many silly questions as you'd care to ask ;)

welcomeani.gif
to TFF. Hope you enjoy it here.

Looking forward to seeing what you decide on and your progress ^^

Thanks everyone! :) first silly question...is it actually safe/sensible to put a medium sized fish tank on a kitchen countertop!?

welcomeani.gif
to the forum!

I have a 40 litre /10 Gallon on my kitchen worktop.

As long as worktop is even and tank not near cooker, away from vibrations of washing machine etc should be ok. 
smile.png

Thanks!  Yeah, it's on the other side of the room from the washing machine and the cooker - glad to hear it should be fine!

Most reactions

Back