Hi Folks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

GeneHunt

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Spent enough time reading, thought it was time to join in.
Not had a tank set up for about 10 years but time and space are now available for a 4ft.
Planning to set up a modest malawi tank and see where we go from there.
I'll try not to ask to many daft questions but no promises.
Step 1 .... off to find a tank.
Cheers

welcomeani.gif
to TFF! Hope you enjoy it here.

Are you going to start a journal? Looking forward to some pics!

Be sure to cycle the tank following THIS.

You can find great deals on secondhand sites.

welcomeani.gif
 to the Forum!

Hope you enjoy it here.

As Ninjouzata says, starting a thread or journal about your tanks would be cool once you get started, pics of course too 
laugh.png

Welcome.  I think that you will find that the people on this forum are very helpful and love questions!

Hi genehunt. like the username by the way, kind of mysterious and spooky. Anyway, glad to have you at the forums and I hope that you enjoy your stay here and that you broaden your knowledge!

Where is the tank?? Hahaha

Welcome GeneHunt! :D

Morning, and many thanks for the warm welcome.
I'd not thought of doing a journal but what an excellent idea!
Looks like I've sorted a 4ft 90 gal tank, off to collect it later today, I'll dig the camera out so we can have some pictures of me getting it "not quite right"
I've also arranged to have my filter media hanging in a friends tanks for a week to get things started, while I get the tank in position and "aquire" some rocks etc.
With a little luck I'll start the journal in the next few days.
Cheers for now.

Just got home with a Rena Aqualife 4ft tank and stand that was advertised in the for sale section.
I'll grab some pics while I'm messing about with it this afternoon and start the journal tonight.
Cheers again for the warm welcome.

Good stuff, what kind of rocks will you be using for your Malawi setup?

If you can get your friend to put your filter media inside their filter - or even better swap a bit for some of their mature media, that will really get things started! :)

Congrats on getting your new tank. And try using nutrafin cycle aswell if you can get it. Great stuff.

Did you have a good experience with Nutrafin Cycle, Kieran?  Most people think it's rubbish... :lol:

Ok, Pics didn't happen yet but cabinet is reassembled and the tank's halfway through being cleaned.
Instead of just hanging my media in my friends tanks we've now actually set the whole filter up temporarily on his big tank to get it started a bit quicker as per Daize's suggestion.
I just want to get it starting to cycle then I can use the time to arrange everything else.
Was going to start the journal but not sure if I should put it in the general section of the journal part of African cichlid section.
Pretty sure I'm going with black sand but still thinking about rocks. I'd like to keep all the "decoration" minimal in colour to show the fish off so probably going with a painted black or midnight blue back to the tank.
Cheers again for all the comments folks!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back