Hi everyone

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The predatory shrimps are long armed shrimps and often arrive at a shop mis-labelled as ghost shrimp or amano shrimp. The shop worker has no idea that they aren't what the wholesaler said they were.
The difference is in the arms. The safe-with-fish shrimps have short arms which they use for picking up food. The several species of long arm shrimps have long arms (obviously!) which in males can be longer than their body. They use these arms for catching fish.

It is quite common to hear about people buying what they thought were ghost or amano shrimps - labelled as such in the LFS - only to discover later that they are actually long arm shrimps.
Thank you for explaining all this to me, I can safely say after looking at my 2 ghost shrimp they are not the predatory ones thank goodness, I bought them from the same store where the killer Shrimps are!! I have again reiterated to the store colleagues what I witnessed & I hope they will take this on board for the poor fishes sake who are their tank buddies at the minute!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back