Hey everyone, I am a newbie!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Large water changes won’t hurt. Don’t be afraid to do them. I do a 75% on all my tanks once a week. At times, we recommend doing 75% changes every day for 2 weeks if a situation is a water issue or an illness based on something in tank. Glad to have you here and welcome!
Or if we do not know what is causing the issue we tell people to do it just in case :)

Sorry, we have to ask these question, we try and eliminate things that may cause a spike in ammonia . Have you used medication in your tank? How often do you have these spikes. One suggest would be to add live plants that absorb ammonia. Plants like water sprite, anacharis, hornwort and moneywort are fast growing plants that you can plant or allow to float. They are easy to care for because they absorb what they need from the water (ammonia)
No it's ok, all I have used since I started was prime,ammo lock, beneficial bacteria, water conditioner, but I am definitely going to look at getting some plants, and also I have a eater softener system that runs through my house so my water is super soft and reads perfectly, and I also have an RO system, I'm kind of nervous to put that in my tank but also the RO water ph is about 6.0

Large water changes won’t hurt. Don’t be afraid to do them. I do a 75% on all my tanks once a week. At times, we recommend doing 75% changes every day for 2 weeks if a situation is a water issue or an illness based on something in tank. Glad to have you here and welcome!
Thank you I really appreciate it, I just cant believe it all started with this little girl saying she wanted a pink fish that she can call pinky.lol

Thank you I really appreciate it, I just cant believe it all started with this little girl saying she wanted a pink fish that she can call pinky.lol
I named my first fish, who was also pink, barbie. Barbie was an evil fish and attacked any fish that came near it. Good luck!

Wife just called I lost a snail, he is floating and the fish are picking at it..

Wife just called I lost a snail, he is floating and the fish are picking at it..
Is she sure it is dead? Some snails will get air bubbles in their shells and float for awhile

The daily 75% water change for a week is one of those last resorts or in an emergency-fish are really sick , Another thing to try is adding Tetra SafeStart Plus if your cycling needs a restart. That is why I ask about medication it can sometimes kill the good bacteria restarting the cycle. I like R O water, the water softener adds to much sodium to the water for aquariums in my opinion. I would stop using ammo lock, do a 75% water change and then monitor your water.

I'm about to check, I'm driving home now
Another tell tale sign is if it smells. Not long after dying snails will start smelling horrible, and I mean HORRIBLE

The daily 75% water change for a week is one of those last resorts or in an emergency-fish are really sick , Another thing to try is adding Tetra SafeStart Plus if your cycling needs a restart. That is why I ask about medication it can sometimes kill the good bacteria restarting the cycle. I like R O water, the water softener adds to much sodium to the water for aquariums in my opinion. I would stop using ammo lock, do a 75% water change and then monitor your water.
Well I ran out so that solves that problem, I did an 80% yesterday and a 50% this morning, I will check my water when I get home and give the up dates. And I'm glad I didnt do the RO water

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back