here's where I should start

asparagus

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi!
Im nancy, user name asparagus. I live in NJ in the US of A. Im in my late 30s, mom to 3 kids (Allie, 10- Brad 8, Christian 4) and 4 kitties (Ghosty, Kelly, Snowflake and Felix). Im an aide in a preschool program for mildly disabled kids in my local public school- I love the job entirely. Our class just got a 10 gal tank to which we added a female dwarf gourami, 3 platies and what we THOUGHT was a corycat but is really a baby blue channel catfish (yikes!). We lost a platy and the gourami due to cycling issues (we really didnt know anything- its amazing we only lost 2). Anyway, Im hooked. I cant stay away from this 10 gal during my breaks and play time.
So I decided to go ahead and get a 10 gal of my own. Then I decided to get a 20 gal long instead. Now Im up to a 29 gal (which I have not yet purchased) and possible down the road 2 more 20 gals - Im finding new spots in my house daily to put another fish tank. grin.
So thats me!
I love this site! Spent a few hours last night perusing and went right to it first thing this morning!
Hope to learn more soon!
thanks, Nancy asparagus

michael.....ny......got into this about a yr ago.....love it.........have a 29 gallon tank........setting up a 10 gallon qt tank as we speak..........good luck......btw if u need equipment....check out bigalsonline.com......(cheapest prices around)......and very reputable.........and if u print thier webpage of an item ur interested in, and bring it in to petsmart.............petsmart will match it.........hope that helps.......

Wow- I really really like what they have to offer! Thank you so much for the site- I bookmarked it. The silk plants alone are gorgeous!!
thanks for the welcome too!
:)

:hi: to the forum.

In all honesty, the bigger, the better. Get the biggest tank you can afford and make room for. That way you have an amazing showpiece, a more stable environment for the fish, and a wider variety of fish to choose from.

I hope your kids (those at home and school :)) like the tank(s) and fish.

Join our school.
:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:

Most reactions

Back