Heres The Thing

onebto

Fish Herder
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
1,235
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
Surrey England
I in my year of keeping fish have become a bit of a clown loach nut now here's the thing :rolleyes:

To keep my loaches happy I want to give them some snails from time to time but I cant find anywhere that will provide them to me my tank is clear of snails because of the loaches doesn't matter how hard I try to get an infestation of them, the loaches annihilate them.

So I had the idea of buying a small tank (which I am hoping that I can also use as a quarantine tank from time to time) and breeding them myself.

Anyone else on here done this before ? got any good ideas? :good:

Let me know

Regards onebto
 
I in my year of keeping fish have become a bit of a clown loach nut now here's the thing :rolleyes:

To keep my loaches happy I want to give them some snails from time to time but I cant find anywhere that will provide them to me my tank is clear of snails because of the loaches doesn't matter how hard I try to get an infestation of them, the loaches annihilate them.

So I had the idea of buying a small tank (which I am hoping that I can also use as a quarantine tank from time to time) and breeding them myself.

Anyone else on here done this before ? got any good ideas? :good:

Let me know

Regards onebto
get a small tank and leave it on the windo sill so it grows loads of green algae, and add lots of detritus on the bottom, along with tit bits etc and you will have a massive population in no time at all
 
my friend has one on her windowledge to keep her weatherloach happy - full of algae, feeds them lettuce etc and scoops a few dozen out every now and then for her loach to hunt around the tank!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top