Helppppp?? My Guppies?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
By that tank I mean the tank I would move her to. I havnā€™t put them back back. Currently they are in a divided tank thatā€™s all cycled and everything. All my tanks are cycled and treated.

Ok- the tank has no others in. I have been using a gravel vac for years but I had an accident where I sucked a fighter fish up it accidentally and he died. Since then Iā€™ve just moved them.
I'm sorry that happened to you, freak accidents like that do happen sometimes. But there are ways to minimise the chances of that happening again. Will share some tips later, but I have to run and do a water change on a tank now that's going through a mini cycle. Will be back later to share.

I'd leave the current females where they are, and try not to stress :)They instinctively know what they're doing, and there's very little you can do now but wait and see! The other female likely isn't really stressing the labouring one out too much, you've said she isn't being aggressive in response, so it's just part of being a social fish at an anti social time ;)

Take deep breaths, find something to distract yourself with, and check in on them in a couple of hours.

FFA8AB91-012D-4F45-8753-EB374D55F5EC.jpeg

Iā€™ve stuffed the tank full and sheā€™s was near the top in this. Itā€™s getting later now so I will check in her in two hours and then head to bed.

View attachment 116649
Iā€™ve stuffed the tank full and sheā€™s was near the top in this. Itā€™s getting later now so I will check in her in two hours and then head to bed.
No need to stay up to check on her, I just meant to distract yourself and only check in on them a few hours apart so you don't drive yourself nuts staring and waiting :) and have no idea what time zone you're in. Do what you need to do, including sleep! Just check them just before going to bed, then when you wake up. Hopefully by the time you wake up, there will be fry hiding in those plants:)

With you there and the distraction of the light could also be spooking them a bit and the other little lady is trying to stay close to the labour one for comfort. Just a thought

Hey, so i gave it over night. When i checked her last night she was swimming around. This morning her habits have returned to normal. She is socilising wit the other fish and swimming around actively...?

Hey, so i gave it over night. When i checked her last night she was swimming around. This morning her habits have returned to normal. She is socilising wit the other fish and swimming around actively...?
Did you look for fry? Is she still huge or slim again?

I also just had a gut feeling it wasn't labor last night. I've never done this before but i just had that feeling?

The gravid spot isn't a surefire givaway, it can vary depending on the mothers colouration, and other things. But her gravid spot looked like it was darkening in the photo you shared in the first thread? Any chance you could get a new pic of her and the gravid spot? She's certainly held on longer than I predicted, but I did say that it can hard to predict to the day ;)

And sure, sounds like it might not have been labour. You see your guppies every day and know their usual behaviours, so you're best placed to tell! But going off the last photo, she can't hold out much longer Gotta drop them sooner or later, and she was looking squared off nine days ago. Come on girl, don't keep us waiting.

The gravid spot isn't a surefire givaway, it can vary depending on the mothers colouration, and other things. But her gravid spot looked like it was darkening in the photo you shared in the first thread? Any chance you could get a new pic of her and the gravid spot? She's certainly held on longer than I predicted, but I did say that it can hard to predict to the day ;)

And sure, sounds like it might not have been labour. You see your guppies every day and know their usual behaviours, so you're best placed to tell! But going off the last photo, she can't hold out much longer Gotta drop them sooner or later, and she was looking squared off nine days ago. Come on girl, don't keep us waiting.
I will share one tommorow! I can't wait for the little critters!

Hi, ignore view numbers. A lot of people having viewed your thread doesn't mean people are ignoring you, this forum has a very high ratio of lurkers for some reason compared to a relatively low amount of members. People need to be a member in order to write a response, and right now there are 12 members on including you, @AilyNC and I, compared to more than 500 guests - those are people who can read the thread and count towards your view numbers, but can't write a reply unless they make an account and become a member (and you lurkers should become members! We don't bite! ;))

Even when a member logs on, it takes time to catch up and read what's happened while we've been offline, a lot of threads happen overnight since the forum attracts members from all different time zones plus any pm's and stuff, and even when members see your thread, it depends whether those members have ever kept or bred livebearers and can help, you know? I rarely comment on cichlid threads even if I've read them because I've never kept them and know nothing about them, so I can't be of any use. So don't worry about view numbers, give people time to see it and respond. In the meantime, always worth using the search function and checking older forum posts about the same issue you're having, if you're worrying. :friends:
I agree. I also donĀ“t have always the time to respond. The different time zones are indeed a thing overhere. But it also happens that I do read a thread and I get a call. Mostly (sometimes I forget) I will log out.

Last edited:
Its been a few days. Both have regular habits an no fry? I upped how many things i had in the tank incase.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back