Helpppp!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ciaran13

Reaction score
Im in a bit of trouble , i have over 30 or so molly fry about 2 or 3 weeks old in a net on the side of the tank and i have an older one in a seperate net, not ready to be released yet. The trouble is i have a very pregnant swordtail about to drop! I just done have any more room because its a small tank and i have no money for a new one :( So could anyone give me any ideas what i can do? :good:

What size tank? Ask around at your lfs's and see if they will buy any off you, or give some to a freind.

I have some planed to go but there just too young and small to go yet!

simple!!!!! u have a proper net for the tank right? prop it up so the net part is in the water but balanced by the frame, place the mother in there and let her drop, then move her out and put the fry in with your others....

I think the person is saying they do not have room, full stop, for more babies.
In which case my friend, just let your fish drop their fry in the tank without intervening.
And they will make a good job of snacking on the fry and getting rid of it themselves.
Its a good food source for your fish.

And if any do survive to adulthood, they will then be big enough to take to your lfs.

Did I answer the right angle of the question?

I'm inclined to agree with Joshy, livebearer fry are incredibly common so getting people or an LFS to rehome them is next to impossible.

yep i leave most of mine in the tank just remove a few if a friend says he she wants some

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back