Help

Akram aqua

Reaction score
Hello guys im an aquacultor student . In my 4th grade . I really in need of some tropical fishs . If any one have some extra or whilling to give em away . I live in algeria and im making a research + experience to stumilat the enviroment for fish here in algeria + finding new aliment for food i will be really greatfull if any one intressted conect me

I'm afraid there aren't many people on this forum that live near Algeria - Fish can ship just about anywhere but they generally have to be shipped overnight in Styrofoam coolers with either a hot pack or cold pack depending on the season. That kind of shipping will cost far more than the fish themselves. Do you have any fish stores in your town? Long before you buy your fish you need to purchase or be given a LOT of things You will want a fish tank of the right size (depends on how many fish you will have), you need a filter, a heater, Then there are little things like fish nets to catch the fish, buckets to help you change/clean the water in the aquarium tank, The fish store can test your water but it's better to have your own test kit. Water conditioner to remove any chlorine your city may be putting in it's water supply. You'll go through a 4-6 week process of cycling your tank which just means growing the good and useful bacteria that will make the water suitable for the fish to live in. By then 4th grade may be over. The fish themselves can be very inexpensive compared to some of these other items.

Sorry I can't be more optimistic for you - but if you at least have a fish store you can visit you can make a list of the things you need and how much they cost. See if you can get some relatives and friends to donate money to your research. Maybe this can be a 5th grade project. I'm impressed that a 4th grader is trying to accomplish something so difficult.

Do you have any fish stores in your area?

I'm afraid there aren't many people on this forum that live near Algeria - Fish can ship just about anywhere but they generally have to be shipped overnight in Styrofoam coolers with either a hot pack or cold pack depending on the season. That kind of shipping will cost far more than the fish themselves. Do you have any fish stores in your town? Long before you buy your fish you need to purchase or be given a LOT of things You will want a fish tank of the right size (depends on how many fish you will have), you need a filter, a heater, Then there are little things like fish nets to catch the fish, buckets to help you change/clean the water in the aquarium tank, The fish store can test your water but it's better to have your own test kit. Water conditioner to remove any chlorine your city may be putting in it's water supply. You'll go through a 4-6 week process of cycling your tank which just means growing the good and useful bacteria that will make the water suitable for the fish to live in. By then 4th grade may be over. The fish themselves can be very inexpensive compared to some of these other items.

Sorry I can't be more optimistic for you - but if you at least have a fish store you can visit you can make a list of the things you need and how much they cost. See if you can get some relatives and friends to donate money to your research. Maybe this can be a 5th grade project. I'm impressed that a 4th grader is trying to accomplish something so difficult.
4th grade in university lol and i know about those stuff its just a big problem happen and i lost lik 2500$ worth fish :( and theres no way i could rebuy other fish . Thats why im trying to give this whole thing another chance before i let it go for like another year or more

Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

Sorry, I’m not in your area. I would be Abel to give you some cherry shrimp if you lived closer. Try looking on eBay.com. How big is your tank and what are your parameters? Check out this thread on how to cycle a tank:https://www.fishforums.net/threads/cycling-your-new-fresh-water-tank-read-this-first.421488/
Oh thanks . Unlucky me . I have like 6 tanks (home made )2 plastique ponds meduim size . I started with betta than cometgold fish it worked than i give em away . But than in my last experiement i lost 2500$ worth fish . And now im starting again from the bottom :(

What about collecting some local native fishes and breeding them?
Good idea! That would be cheapest. Just be sure to check up on your local laws. Some places have rules against collecting wildlife. Good luck!

The other option is to contact the American or German Rainbowfish Association, or a Killifish Association and get them to send you some eggs. Rainbowfish and Killifish eggs take between 4 and 14+ days to hatch. This means they can be shipped around the world and you simply put the eggs into some clean dechlorinated water and they hatch shortly after. You can then grow them up and started breeding them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back