Help With Stocking

logansmommy41306

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Niagara Falls, New York
I got a 20 Gallon Long today with a silver dollar, rope fish, tiger barb, Frog, common Pleco and I think its an otto. I know these fish need more than just one of each, but looking at my other stocks in my siggy can I change the stock around some to try nd keep them all happy? Or should I look at rehomeing some? As soon as My baby convicts get bigger I am re homing them. But what about untill then?
 
I got a 20 Gallon Long today with a silver dollar, rope fish, tiger barb, Frog, common Pleco and I think its an otto. I know these fish need more than just one of each, but looking at my other stocks in my siggy can I change the stock around some to try nd keep them all happy? Or should I look at rehomeing some? As soon as My baby convicts get bigger I am re homing them. But what about untill then?

Well, the silver dollar and tiger barb could go in the convict's tank (from the list, I'm assuming the adults aren't in with the fry?) with a group (ass. The rope fish I don't know much about, but they do eat small fish, the tiger barbs might be at risk, and the kuhlis would probably be spaghetti. The common pleco would potentially outgrow even the 55. The frog could be left in the 20 long, though if it's a clawed frog instead of a dwarf frog, that would limit what else could be done with it.

I'd look to rehome the pleco, and do some research about the ropefish's compatibility at least. With the 10 gallon already stocked to the limit, and the plec, ropefish, and silver dollar needing a much bigger tank, there's not much you can do short term short of culling the convict fry - are you sure you can rehome them all? They're notoriously hard to sell since they breed so easily and prolifically.

Edit: Provided they're all juveniles, I think they're ok for the time being. You're not in the usual "ton of big fish in small tank" situation, since you do have a 55 set up that will be available in a reasonable amount of time.
 
I dont have the parents to the convicts as the convict were given to me about 2 weeks ago. The biggest one is about an inch, smallest ones are about a half inch.

The tiger barb is quite large, as are all the fish. I am going to take a picture of them to show if i can get a pic clear enough. I dont think the frog is a dwarf frog. I am still not sure what the other fish is, I thought it was a otto but i am not sure. I will be back with pics in a few mins
 
HPIM0625.jpg


HPIM0626.jpg


HPIM0627.jpg


HPIM0630.jpg


Pleco and Rope fish are not pictured. They were hiding.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top