Help With Food?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

newtofishs

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
i have 2 peppered catfish, 1 blue ram and a gourami (long story cut short I ended up with the gourami that my sister bought because her corys were aggressive to him), with the algae wafers, I have some that are made by tetra and in a yellow packet dont know if you know them. Do I need to break it up because I am worried that they will fight for it if I put one in the water :/

You'll need catfish pellets for the corys, But they can eat the algae wafer so I wouldn't worry about it.

What I would worry about is getting those 2 corys upto 6.

Am hoping you mean Corys and not catfish :p

Yeah I meant corys oops, and yeah they have pellets every other day, I am hoping to get some panda corys in the near future. Will it be ok to put the algae wafer in whole or should I break it up :/ I am really unsure and dont want them to start fighting with each other :(

Don't mix corys, Only keep to one kind as 9/10 times they wont shoal and you'll have one group of 2 and one group of 4.

You can put the entire thing in but I suggest just using fishcat pellets not algae wafers :p

Corys aren't aggressive, I've rarely heard of cases of corys doing anything like that.  Moreso with a gourami thats 4 times the size of them.

newtofishs said:
Yeah I meant corys oops, and yeah they have pellets every other day, I am hoping to get some panda corys in the near future. Will it be ok to put the algae wafer in whole or should I break it up
confused.gif
I am really unsure and dont want them to start fighting with each other
sad.png
switching it round will help pellets every day and then every other day have algae wafers

thats what i am going to do but do I just put the wafers in whole or do I need to brake them up?

You shouldn't be feeding the fish you have algae wafers more than once or twice a week. It's best to break it into pieces; one more piece than you have fish (this is true for all animals, as it happens).

So, if you have four fish, you have five pieces of food. That way, if one of the fish is a bit of a bully, and steals food from another fish, the 'lowest ranked' fish still always has two pieces to chose from.

Most reactions

Back