Help With Building A New Aquascape?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

thorn1414

Reaction score
Ok, so I ordered 3 new bags of substrate, 2 floramax original 15lbs each (pic 1), 1 floramax midnight 12lbs (pic 2), and I currently have 50lbs of pool filter sand in my main tank, which I will still want to leave in (pic 3). I want some advice on how to arrange the 3 substrates, i'm planning on doing sand on the bottom, then the original floramax, then the midnight for a top layer with everything banked towards the back of the tank, I think there's a more creative way to do this though that I can't think of. 

I'm also trying to reorganize the tank at the same time, this is the decor I have in my tank, 2 medium pieces of driftwood, 1 jumbo piece of driftwood, 1 asian gazebo, 1 lava rock, 1 other rock, lots of slate slabs, and a turquoise rock.

My plants: lots of aponogeton bulbs, one lily bulb, cryptocoryne balansae, marimo moss balls, another type of crypt, needle leaf fern, hornwort, and java moss.
Can also add some plants from my other tank: amazon swords, water sprite, hydrocotyle japan, guppy grass, and pennywort.

pic 1- 
freshwatersubstrate_floramax_volcanored_380x380.jpg

pic 2- 
freshwatersubstrate_floramax_midnight_380x380.jpg

pic 3- 
yt_25753b.jpg

Open to all suggestions! Thanks! The tank is 65 gallons by the way

I have never had a heavly planted aquarium and I have to say, thorn1414 you tank looks a lot better than mine. I am certainly in need of driftwood !!
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:70634]

Where do you live ky?
I'm rescaping my tank this weekend and I've got 2 large pieces of mopani wood, one with java moss growing nicely on, and 3 driftwood with the moss growing on, they won't be staying as I'm going cichlid styleeee!
Here's the wood if you can see it properly only pic I've got while I'm on the road!
http://postimg.org/image/bnnzw22b7/

I live in Cheshire, but its ok I would rather pick my own from the lfs. thanks for the offer 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back