Help With African Dwarf Frog

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

StarfireGraves

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ello, I just want to check that my frog is in good health. He has little white bumps and I know with fish it bad but I don't know about these little guys, he is my first. His name is squishy.
He lives in a 10 gallon tank that up until today had 7 platys in it (3 were sent to a new home as gifts and 1 is sick) so only 3 for the moment. And a couple of shrimp. He has acess to algae disks, tropical fish flakes and dried bloodworms. Though I only see him eat the flakes.
The temperature of the tank stays at about 78-80*f
Light from around 9am-11pm roughly. There is a fake log, a couple of plastic plants, sea shells he likes to hide in and such for him. I have had him for about 3 weeks, and got him from petsmart.
Some questions I have are: would it be ok to get another with only acess to a 10 gallon tank? Is he really a he? Is he under weight? How easy are they to breed? Are the white spots anything to be concerned about?
Sorry about the poor picture, I will pull him out and place him in a small bowl to get a better one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 163
Looks like a healthy frog to me! I used to have two of these guys. They lived for about 4 years. 

The white spots are just how the frog is. The temperature may be a little high for him as well as for your platy fish. (but I have never had platys so I'm not entirely sure)
As for breeding, it is extremely hard. I had a male and a female they would try to mate, but they never had eggs or anything other than the male holding onto the female.   The females are usually a lighter color than males. Give him/her a few weeks to settle in and get some more fat on him and post another pic and I will try to help. 

Read this and it will help. :) 

http://aquaticfrogs.tripod.com/id15.html

Thank you, I will triple check on the temp for them
For the frogs it's between 75-82 the plats are 64-77 so I will turn it down a little

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back