Help Tuma Like Growth On My Betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

KyeBarker

Reaction score
Hello all,

Been around fish for about the last 5 years.

My Male betta seems to have some sort of tuma around its gill/head area. Unfortnatley i have been working away for the past 3 months and come back to very nasty sight. I tried my best in order to take a photo of it but bowed glass and a not so releuctant fish it was hard.

I am told while i was away it did get water changes and cleaned etc as one of my room mates also has a fish tank he cleaned it at the same time.

The fish dosent seem to have changed much appetite or behaviour, and it dosent seem to effecting him much (yet).

Here are some photo's hopefully you can help me clear it up wether its a tuma, disease ? and hopefully treat him
sad.png

Many thanks in advance.

IMG-20130102-00058_zps620605a5.jpg

IMG-20130102-00051_zps43e7e81b.jpg

I don't have an answer I'm afraid, but my betta also has a lump, so I'll be interested in any suggestions.

lump.jpg

I bought this fish in August. The lump started a couple of weeks later as what looked like a raised scale as if he'd caught himself on something. It's got bigger and bigger since. The pic was taken a month ago. It's bigger now, and there's another tiny lump just appeared behind the big one.
Like yours, he eats like a pig and his behaviour is the same as when I got him. He lives alone in a 25 litre filtered and heated tank which gets weekly 50% water changes. It's definitely cycled as I had a betta in the tank for 2 years before this one, and I kept it cycled with ammonia between fish.

Since the lump developed, I've used a separate siphon tube and bucket for this tank as I don't want to pass anything to my other tanks.

Hopefully someone will have an answer for both of us.

It could be a blood colt on the brain. I've seen these lumps on many fish but am not sure about it sadly. If anything I'd leave it be until you find out what may be the cause.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back