Help!!! Treating in quarantine with API general cure

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Bloodparrot444

Reaction score
i just put my blood parrot in a quarantine tank and am treating with API general cure. Originally it just had two white things on head. Since I started treating this morning i have noticed white things around eyes and in gills. It is also very pale and staring at the bottom of the tank. Should I put it back with the others?

I couldnā€™t get a good picture around itā€™s right eye but has little white things surrounding it now. Is the antibiotic making the parasite leave the bloodprrots body?

Is this normal response to the API general cure?

Attachments

• D5F720BD-7B4A-409B-8251-FF2D439CADA1.jpeg
    D5F720BD-7B4A-409B-8251-FF2D439CADA1.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 194
  • 54B70646-0A21-4B1E-988B-7CEBE14E32A5.jpeg
    54B70646-0A21-4B1E-988B-7CEBE14E32A5.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 157
i just put my blood parrot in a quarantine tank and am treating with API general cure. Originally it just had two white things on head. Since I started treating this morning i have noticed white things around eyes and in gills. It is also very pale and staring at the bottom of the tank. Should I put it back with the others?

I couldnā€™t get a good picture around itā€™s right eye but has little white things surrounding it now. Is the antibiotic making the parasite leave the bloodprrots body?

This is a picture from a couple days ago. Like I mentioned earlier, after medicating Iā€™m noticing white things coming out of eyes and gills ā˜¹ļø

Attachments

• DD45CEC6-A190-461C-9D67-43F26F5EA77A.jpeg
    DD45CEC6-A190-461C-9D67-43F26F5EA77A.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 168
It looks like excess mucous on the fish, which is normally caused by poor water quality or overdosed medication.

The fish is staring at the bottom because it can see its reflection. You need a thin layer of sand or gravel on the bottom to remove the reflection and give the fish a definite bottom and top in the tank.

-------------------------
To work out the volume of water in the tank:
measure length x width x height in cm.
divide by 1000.
= volume in litres.
When you measure the height, measure from the top of the substrate to the top of the water level.

There is a calculator/ converter in the "How To Tips" at the top of this page that will let you convert litres to gallons if you need it.

Remove carbon from the filter before treating or it will adsorb the medication and stop it working.

Wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean fish sponge. Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. However, if the filter is less than 6 weeks old, do not clean it.

Increase surface turbulence/ aeration when using medications because they reduce the dissolved oxygen in the water.

I don't know anything about parrot cichlids, but what are the red worm like things coming out of his gills? That does not look normal to me, but like I said, I know nothing about this type of fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back