Help Setting up Fluval Aquasky LED Lights 24-Hour Cycle.

šŸ  May TOTM Voting is Live! šŸ 
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
šŸ† Click here to Vote! šŸ†

New update on my 24-hour cycle.
I do have to say this my time cycle is based on my needs first lol. I know some of you will have a problem with that but this hobby is for my enjoyment. I do not live for the fish. I want to be able to watch my fish and relax late night when all the kids homework is done and all my father and husband chores are completed and I get home from the gym. So my time 24-hour time cycle maybe a little off compared to a normal sunrise and sunset.

Remember I've only used fluorescent t5 bulbs for the last 20 years. I've always had no problem with algae and always able to keep simple the moderate plant species So anything that this LED light gives me is a bonus. I enjoy the sunrise with more yellows and greens and the sun sets with more red and blues. With that said I still would appreciate any feedback on my setup and I will adjust accordingly.
Hi
On your setup you don't have your lights at 100 % for more than 1 min. I would get to your peak quicker then have a 5 hour at 100% on white 50% on other colours then set up times reducing lights like a natural sunset.upto about 10pm then off till morning.
My lights kind of simulate a natural days cycle a gradual build up to 100% then 5 hours at max then a gradual reduce down. Plants grow well and you get to view fish for 12 hours a day. Never had a algae problem.

Just got the same light, it's pretty incredible how much you can customise it! I don't really know much about lighting so I've set mine up like yours and will see how it goes for a couple of weeks! How is your tank going now? Have you got the same light schedule from when you posted this?

Iā€™ve recently bought the Aquasky 2.0 for my 20 gallon tank, Iā€™ve been using it for a month and getting good results. Iā€™ve recently purchased a Alternanthera reinecki so Iā€™m hoping that light schedule is enough for it

Attachments

• 2E0C64A4-CF00-4F35-AF18-E4E75C029C9B.png
    2E0C64A4-CF00-4F35-AF18-E4E75C029C9B.png
    324 KB · Views: 392
  • 50163B06-B8F4-41E4-92AC-0D1761E7884D.jpeg
    50163B06-B8F4-41E4-92AC-0D1761E7884D.jpeg
    269.2 KB · Views: 382

Most reactions

Back