Reaction score
Hello

I just got coming 25 MysterySnails --- all 1/2 inch or bigger

5 - Gold - 5 Ivory - 5 Albino - 5 Black - 5 Blue

Going to put in a 20 Gal Long - empty now - no fish go in just snails

i Have Underground Filter & top filter Do i use them ???? or just one

How much water do i put it ?? would 3/4 work

Feed anything special ?

any plants help ? i do have java mass would that help ??

i know they lay egg above water line
calcium they like what would i use to make more calcium?

do i leave them there and hatch ??

do i have to do anything specail ?

any tips would be greatly helpful

thank u jerry

I know that mystery snail is is a name also given to apple snails so if this is what you are getting they are relatively easy to keep. I have an apple snail tank and it is all going great. I think at 1/2 an inch they will be too small to breed at the moment, they don't take long to grow though.

I would just use the top filter. While they are so small there is a chance that they will get sucked into an under gravel.

The water level should be at least an inch from the top, 3/4 will be no problem at all.

I buy a mixture of sinking pellets from ebay. They are bloodworm, algae etc pellets. The snails love 'em!!

I have fake plants and just one bunch of elodea densa in my tank. I don't think that they really need it but it looks nicer to have something else in there!!!

You can get liquid calcium online, I don't know where from in your part of the world but just try sticking it in a search engine. I have also been told that cuttle fish will do the job.

When the eggs have been laid just leave them. The first few clutches maybe infertile but if you haven't seen anything in 3-4 weeks just remove them. They will lay more. They must not get wet but should stay slightly damp. The condensation from the tank should do this.

You will also be better off putting in a heater, I keep my tank at about 72 degrees. They breed better in more warm water, and are more active. Just be warned that in each clutch there are about 200 eggs. If you don't want to be over run then I would suggest periodically removing the eggs. These snails should be given about 2 gallons each so tanks will soon get full.

I hope this helps.

Liz

Swet thanks for ll the info

helped a bunch

i check ebay on that liquid calcium they have to have it x

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back