Help Required

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

BigC

Fish Maniac
Reaction score
Hi,
I am currently in the process of constructing a new breeding set-up for a particular species of Killifish but I don't want to use large florescent lighting tubes and starter units. I would much prefer to make use of some LED strips if I can.
Problem is I don't know what I would need for the build and where to source these materials (Ebay perhaps)
My tanks (2) will be around 3' in length but I only want strips x2 of around 2' and I presume I will need some kind of transformer/s
Would a kind sole like to talk me through the process of the build and make a list of the items I'll need and where to source them
Thanks in advance
Regards
BigC

Hi you will need a 12V DC power supply, some strip board, LEDs, resistors and a soldering iron/solder. :good:

I've been meaning to try this for a while, keep us updated :D

Can I buy these and if so what else do I need to complete the job....Please supply links
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-24-48-LED-Linear-Flexible-Strip-Car-Lights-24cm-12V-/270770761098?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Lighting_Lamps_Lighting_SM&var=&hash=item84b8090d5e#ht_3372wt_905

Many Thanks
Regards
C

If you have a look in the planted section there's a couple of threads about led lighting rigs :good:

Most reactions

Back