Help Quick Plz !

MrWhite

Fishaholic
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
405
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UK Manchester
Just walked downstairs to get a drink and noticed my tank was very cloudy then realized my nutrafin co2 unit yeast based had leaked in my tank im doing water changes now will this harm my fish im nakerd its like 2.30 am what a time to be carrying buckets
 
i keep adding water and taking it out ive done about 110% in total and its still cloudy but not as much cmon guys anyone will this harm my fish
 
As long as you are dechlorinating the replacement water you should be fine. I though I was the only one that got into situations such as that!
 
Ye the water is being dechlorinated im not using that yeast based again im gonna sell it lol i cant believe how cloudy it made my water as this happened to you?

So it should be fine will it clear or is my water stained so the only way to remove it is to keep replacing water im really tired gotta be up in the moring hope my fish don't die im really worried
 
Never had that happen to me, I don't do plants. Old saying; dilution is the solution to pollution.

It will clear eventually, I'll look up some plant members to have a look at this.
 
It shouldn't be too big a problem, unless a lot got in there. I would just do water changes until it starts to get a little clearer, or until you get too tired to carry the buckets. I doubt you will be able to get it totally clear for a few days. Put the agitation on high and get as much surface movement as you can, to make sure the water stays well oxygenated. If the fish are not gasping they should be fine.
 
Well my tank is 95% as clear as it was before my little accident after about 200% water change time for bed now im shattered fingers crossed i wake up to healthy fish
 

Most reactions

Back
Top