rocknurworld2006
Fish Aficionado
Hi my external filter has had a little bit broke off the top of it so it leaks what can i use to fill it or stop it from leaking? 





It may just be cosmetic, though I doubt it
After botching a pepair, test in the same way, expect it to leak as this is a realy hard part to fix even temperrerilly (spelling).
In all honesty, I would consider it unrepairable or botchable and start proceedings to try keep the fish and filter bacteria alive. Be prepaired for a mini-cycle. If you don't have enough water conditioner handy to do a weeks worth of 50% daily waterchanges, I'd grab some more when you collect the new filter 
If you have it, Gaffa tape over the gap, tightly from the inside to make a makeshift "lip" onto which the main o-ring can make a seal. If this doesn't work, throw all the filter media, in it's baskets, into the tank and stick an air stone under the media baskets. The raising bubbles of air will push oxygenated water with ammonia in, over the filter bacteria, thus hopefully keeping them alive untill the filter can be replaced. This bucket section, can be replaced seporately, but may take too long to get in stock...
Have you acctualy tried running this. I would try it in a bucket to contain any leaks, and be ready on the isolation taps, to shut off flow if it starts to leak badly.It may just be cosmetic, though I doubt it
After botching a pepair, test in the same way, expect it to leak as this is a realy hard part to fix even temperrerilly (spelling).
That is a realy unlucky place to nick it, as it is hard to botch a repair roundIn all honesty, I would consider it unrepairable or botchable and start proceedings to try keep the fish and filter bacteria alive. Be prepaired for a mini-cycle. If you don't have enough water conditioner handy to do a weeks worth of 50% daily waterchanges, I'd grab some more when you collect the new filter
Best of luck
Rabbut