Help, Platy Not Eating

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

luckyfin

Reaction score
Not sure what is happening to my platy.
Iā€™ve had her for 6 months but for the past month she has not been eating, has been hiding and not looking well. Has white discolouring on her side. Tried putting her in a seperate tank for about a week with API Melafix but I didnā€™t see any change. Iā€™m worried that she wonā€™t survive much longer if I canā€™t get her to eat. She lives in a 120L tank with 2 other adult Platys, 3 of her babies a few tetras, 5 Corydoraā€™s, 2 Mollyā€™s and a pleco.
Had issues with ammonia a few months ago but now back to 0. Nitrite 0 and Nitrate 30ppm.
What should I do?

Attachments

• 3671B53E-0B06-422C-A6EB-D7674B0070DF.jpeg
    3671B53E-0B06-422C-A6EB-D7674B0070DF.jpeg
    284 KB · Views: 88
Iā€™m no expert on treating sick fish, so I will not offer any information there. I can say that it would be a good idea to isolate the fish in its own tank, so that whatever is wrong with it can be resolved without it spreading. Some more knowledgeable people here can advise on whaa exactly to treat for. Best of luck

Iā€™m no expert on treating sick fish, so I will not offer any information there. I can say that it would be a good idea to isolate the fish in its own tank, so that whatever is wrong with it can be resolved without it spreading. Some more knowledgeable people here can advise on whaa exactly to treat for. Best of luck
Thanks for the advice. I did think about keeping her seperate for longer but I was worried that prolonging her isolation would cause her more stress and she would deteriorate faster.

Thanks for the advice. I did think about keeping her separate for longer but I was worried that prolonging her isolation would cause her more stress and she would deteriorate faster.
oh sorry, I just realized that you said you already put her in her own tank. I that no matter what you treat with, she should be on her own, because you don't want to add meds to the main tank. I wish I could help more, but I don't want to offer incorrect information.

Not sure what is happening to my platy.
Iā€™ve had her for 6 months but for the past month she has not been eating, has been hiding and not looking well. Has white discolouring on her side. Tried putting her in a seperate tank for about a week with API Melafix but I didnā€™t see any change. Iā€™m worried that she wonā€™t survive much longer if I canā€™t get her to eat. She lives in a 120L tank with 2 other adult Platys, 3 of her babies a few tetras, 5 Corydoraā€™s, 2 Mollyā€™s and a pleco.
Had issues with ammonia a few months ago but now back to 0. Nitrite 0 and Nitrate 30ppm.
What should I do?
The web says increase the temperature to 85 degrees Fahrenheit, and use anti bacterial or anti fungal.

Most reactions

trending

Back