April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Meg0000

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if the behavior of my juvenile paradise fish is normal, my fish breathes at the surface since it is a labyrinth fish but like sometimes he does it multiples time in a row and also he/she swims left to right of the tank really fast non stop. I also think my paradise fish feels lonely and bored so I would like some suggestion.
My tank:
10 gallon (will upgrade is like 4 months)
-1 paradise fish
-2 nerite
-I make 20% water change once a week
-lot of plants (and floating plants that my fish kinda attack)
-hang on the back filter
-23 ° celcius
- Feeding tropical bug bites food and frozen bloodworm

I don't know if the behavior of my juvenile paradise fish is normal, my fish breathes at the surface since it is a labyrinth fish but like sometimes he does it multiples time in a row and also he/she swims left to right of the tank really fast non stop. I also think my paradise fish feels lonely and bored so I would like some suggestion.
My tank:
10 gallon (will upgrade is like 4 months)
-1 paradise fish
-2 nerite
-I make 20% water change once a week
-lot of plants (and floating plants that my fish kinda attack)
-hang on the back filter
-23 ° celcius
- Feeding tropical bug bites food and frozen bloodworm
Do larger water changes of about 50% per week.

Changing your set up in the tank or changing it into another type of environment always help a bored fish. I do this monthly for my puffer tanks so they don't get bored. Loaches or Cory's like you want to would be good in a larger tank

Changing your set up in the tank or changing it into another type of environment always help a bored fish. I do this monthly for my puffer tanks so they don't get bored. Loaches or Cory's like you want to would be good in a larger tank
Since I have a planted tank I am not sure about moving things in it but I could add stones that I could move sometimes. Is that a good idea ?

Almond leaves add lots of cover and corners that a fish can explore plus if your fish likes eating snails, shrimp, or crabs (they like to live within the folds of the leaves) it allows them to hunt and keeps them busy always looking for food. At least this is what I use for my puffers especially my green spotted puffers since they're brackish/marine where plants struggle to thrive.

It's a cheap way of changing your tank up with adding almost nothing to it plus the leaves help fight off illnesses supposedly. Look into it because it does tint your water though personally I love blackwater tanks.

Last edited:
It's a cheap way of changing your tank up with adding almost nothing to it plus the leaves help fight off illnesses supposedly. Look into it because it does tint your water though personally I love Blackwater's tanks.
I really like blackwater too I was just not sure if my fish would like it so I think that I will add almond leaves and rocks. Thanks for the idea. So should I add shrimps I didn't really understand?

Ghost shrimp are cheap and I find fish love to eat/hunt them but that's all on you. It just gives em something to do but it's never a necessity

One last thing if you do get almond leaves I suggest boiling them to get your tanning if you would like it then after allowing the water to cool put them in. Rehyadrates the leaves so they will sink quicker as well. Besides that good luck on the tank and lost pics if you decide to add leaves I would love to see it!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back