Help! My cories spawned! What do I do??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Airpump still hasn't arrived :eek: Just checked, and estimated delivery is between 4-8pm today. I got a smaller tuperware today, reckon if I pierce some tiny holes in it, clip it to the tank so it's the same temp as the tank, and put the airstone in, I should put the fry in there? I got some plastic cups too, I could put the fry in the cup with holes, then keep that in the outer tub inside the tank, airstone in the outer tub? Then can water change the tub daily, without shocking the fry too much?

Have left them in the bag in the output from the sponge filter for now, until airstone arrives and I get some advice from you.

I can't believe some hatched!!!

Airpump still hasn't arrived :eek: Just checked, and estimated delivery is between 4-8pm today. I got a smaller tuperware today, reckon if I pierce some tiny holes in it, clip it to the tank so it's the same temp as the tank, and put the airstone in, I should put the fry in there? I got some plastic cups too, I could put the fry in the cup with holes, then keep that in the outer tub inside the tank, airstone in the outer tub? Then can water change the tub daily, without shocking the fry too much?

Have left them in the bag in the output from the sponge filter for now, until airstone arrives and I get some advice from you.

I can't believe some hatched!!!
Was just wondering had u any movement! congratulations ..:):wizard:

Was just wondering had u any movement! congratulations ..:):wizard:
Thank you! I'm so shocked, I really didn't think any would hatch!

I hope yours do too, one of the eggs that hatched was really quite white, I thought it was a bad egg until I saw a tail, and then it wriggled! Scared the life outta me, lol. So nothing wrong with hanging onto yours for a few more days and keep checking them!

Thank you! I'm so shocked, I really didn't think any would hatch!

I hope yours do too, one of the eggs that hatched was really quite white, I thought it was a bad egg until I saw a tail, and then it wriggled! Scared the life outta me, lol. So nothing wrong with hanging onto yours for a few more days and keep checking them!
Yes I'm definitely going to keep them and see just incase . Good luck with them .Are they too small to put in a breeder net once they've hatched ?

Yes I'm definitely going to keep them and see just incase . Good luck with them .Are they too small to put in a breeder net once they've hatched ?
Yeah, most breeder nets are designed for livebearers, and the holes are too big for cory fry. My newborn guppy fry were escaping my breeder net box, and they're much bigger than the cory fry :lol:

But @mbsqw1d used a pair of tights to cover a breeder box, so going to try the same myself!

Yeah, most breeder nets are designed for livebearers, and the holes are too big for cory fry. My newborn guppy fry were escaping my breeder net box, and they're much bigger than the cory fry :lol:

But @mbsqw1d used a pair of tights to cover a breeder box, so going to try the same myself!
My guppy fry had no trouble in mine ,it looks pretty fine mesh but the tights Sounds good for extra protection thanks .. :)

My guppy fry had no trouble in mine ,it looks pretty fine mesh but the tights Sounds good for extra protection thanks .. :)
That's the weird thing! I've used that box for guppy/platy fry before, without a problem! This batch might have just been smaller than usual. The mom was smaller than most females I've had, and had a relatively large batch, so possibly that's why. But still, cory fry are teeny.

THEY'RE SO TEENY!!

I want to just stare at them, but they're still in the bag until airpump arrives. Got them back in the tank fast because I didn't want them to get cold.

I want to get a better look and take some photos of the paler egg one especially, I really thought it was too white to be a good egg, but it had a tail! And moved. lol. Really curious about them!

And panicking a bit again now! Delighted that some have hatched, but these teeny tiny things are depending on me, and I don't want to mess up.

An albino just hatched fry to compare.
Eyes will be too pale to see well.
20201009_230618.jpg

This is a paleatus fry, but gives you an idea of albino.

Just curious... you questioned me for using bare bottom and said you wouldn’t do it. Yet, you say here that you leave a bare bottom In half. I’m confused?
The base is still there to support the plants. Remember these are fully planted tanks. The bare base is just a collection zone for waste and observation.

The base is still there to support the plants. Remember these are fully planted tanks. The bare base is just a collection zone for waste and observation.

Will all the waste and debris go into the bare part of the tank due to the water flow circulation, taking the path of least resistance if you like and gets trapped in that area?

Just never come across that idea before, suppose its simply because I've never had to and is quite intersting theory to have something like that set with the substrate if you need to observe for such things.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back