Help my arowana

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
So i water change using gallon jugs that were had distilled water previously, the tap water conditioner want 1ml per 20 gallons how do i distribute it in smaller quantity, am i not aware of a easier way?

As a general rule of thumb there are 20 drops of a liquid in a millilitre so do one drop using a pipette.

I use Tetra Aquasafe which is 5ml to every 10l being added and use a 5ml syringe to add it as for the small tanks I use a 2l jug and that's the level of maths I'm comfortable with in a hobby. Trying to use two different measuring systems would break my brain.
As for eating I have no idea, never owned anything even like an arowana though they are on the list of dream fish. Though are the guppies live? I believe I've read on here and the monster fish keepers forum that you run the risk of introducing diseases with live feeder fish. I'm happy to be corrected on this by any of the other members in case I'm misremembering.

Ok well thanks you guys have been a big help. Do i need to let the water sit for a few minutes before putting it in a aquarium? Is there a better way than jug by jug

He seems to be rubbing his eye against the tank now does this indicate anything?

received_1519600214856733.jpeg

Rubbing would suggest it's irritating him. I use a 10 litre bucket for water changes on my 110 litre tank which is much easier and quicker than jugs. I also tend to let the water sit for about 5-10 minutes or so before it goes in the tank just to let the declorinator mix through completely.

Rubbing would suggest it's irritating him. I use a 10 litre bucket for water changes on my 110 litre tank which is much easier and quicker than jugs. I also tend to let the water sit for about 5-10 minutes or so before it goes in the tank just to let the declorinator mix through completely.
Well if you wanna go metric i have the arowana housed in a 227 liter tank, should i treat him?

Just curious, you said that you are feeding different foods. Are you removing everything that is not eaten? Everything that is not eaten will decay and cause problems. Make sure that you have a weighted cover on the tank. They are expert jumpers. I have seen unhappy arowanas jump out of their tank.

Just curious, you said that you are feeding different foods. Are you removing everything that is not eaten? Everything that is not eaten will decay and cause problems. Make sure that you have a weighted cover on the tank. They are expert jumpers. I have seen unhappy arowanas jump out of their tank.
Yes, whatever he does not eat i have a catfish that is more than happy to eat it, hes completely fine so i have no idea whats wrong with the arowana, when i ordered him he had a cloudy eye that i thoight i got to go away but now its worse than ever, it almost seem as if he has a squished contact in thats nat all the way in his eye, if you follow ive been doing a 20 gallon change every day which is 33%, should i be doing more?

I can not help with the eye problem.
I just want to tell you the only thing your arowana wants is live food. When it out grows guppies, you will need to move to goldfish or minnows.
Be prepared for this fish to become an eating machine and eat you out of house and home, they become HUGE!
I have seen them in the fish market of Guyana 3 to 4 feet long.

Good luck with the eye.

Yes, whatever he does not eat i have a catfish that is more than happy to eat it, hes completely fine so i have no idea whats wrong with the arowana, when i ordered him he had a cloudy eye that i thoight i got to go away but now its worse than ever, it almost seem as if he has a squished contact in thats nat all the way in his eye, if you follow ive been doing a 20 gallon change every day which is 33%, should i be doing more?
I took a close look at your fish. It looks to me that it is damaged. Usually, eye cloud will affect both eyes at once. The other is clear. Also when an arowana gets an infection, the"feelers" are usually the first to be infected. The damage may have been caused by trying to jump or hitting something in the tank. It will have a hard time focusing on prey when it decides to eat. Go to the pet store and get live crickets. In nature, bugs are a big part of their diet. The cricket will float and swim at the surface. Live mealworms will also do but they don't float as well as crickets.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back