Help Me With My Scape Please

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Electric Warrior

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first attempt at a planted tank, but I am still needing a bit more advice. This is how it currently looks, excuse the quality, it's off my phone. I wasn't sure if I should some more plants along the front right, in front of the wood, or leave it empty? I have also attached some Christmas Moss to my wood, but it is growing very slowly. Any thoughts about what to add/get rid off? Thanks.

IMAG0877.jpg

looks good to e, but re all the plants getting enough light, and you might want it try a few medium then short, then medium plants o it would look like a U, and then some kind of carpeting plants in front of the wood and going out a little bit
also what size tank is that?

I like it, it looks much nicer than my tank :p
I agree with fishaholic, add some medium plants to wall in the back. The wood makes a lovely center piece, I wouldn't wall it in by putting plants in front of it.

Adding a supplement will help all your plants go. If you`re already doing that than I`m not really sure what else could be done to make your moss grow faster...

ok, also a little off topice but when the angels are bigger they will eat they neon/cardinal tetras since that is thier natural food in the wild

How about some dwarf Saggitaria for the foreground? It will spread quite fast and its low maintenance. Still might want something in the gap at the back if going for a foreground plant in there as without the back ground it might throw it off a little.

ok, also a little off topice but when the angels are bigger they will eat they neon/cardinal tetras since that is thier natural food in the wild

I don't see why people often say this? I have had angels before with cardinals and rummy nose, and had no problems. I do think that neons are more of issue, because their body size is smaller than a cardinal, but of course every scenario is different, etc. My angels are still quite young, about six months, and I am growing them out until two of them hopefully pair up, and then the others will be moved on. The cardinals were in the tank first, hopefully they will do okay.

How about some dwarf Saggitaria for the foreground? It will spread quite fast and its low maintenance. Still might want something in the gap at the back if going for a foreground plant in there as without the back ground it might throw it off a little.

Steve, do you have any suggestions for some medium plants that I might be able to use to fill in a bit of the gap in the back centre? I used to have some cabomba in there originally, but the angels started attacking it for some reason, and it was looking real sad, so I pulled what was left out. Something relatively easy, but still pretty low maintenance? I was originally going for all S. American, but that changed a bit with the plants I had access to at my LFS, hence things like the anubias, and the crypts. The sword is getting a little big for my liking, and I am getting kind of tired of it.

Microsorum pteropus or Microsorum narrow.

Java fern needs to be attached to wood or rock though, right?

Are there any 'smaller' species of sword plants that could work as well?

Most reactions

Back