Help Me Identify These Cichlids Please?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bluenawaz

Reaction score
Hi guys, help me identify these species of african cichlids i bought this week. 
1. The LFS owner said it is a Zebra Hap or Johnson Hap but on searching the internet , i am unable to come to a conclusion. The closest species i found to this was Haplochromis latifasciatus. But those Cichlids have yellow and red coloration near the stomach and do not have the thick dark black stripes that my fish has. Can someone have a check on these pics and help me identify these species. I repeat i highly doubt if this is Haplochromis latifasciatus as my fish has ZERO yellow or red coloration anywhere. Its silver with thick black stripes more like bands.

hapnotsure2.jpg
rsz_haplochromisnotsure.jpg
Also i have a pair of cichlids which look like both Demasoni and Labidochromis sp. "Mbamba". One fish has bright dark blue coloration like demasoni but yellow lined fins the other is has black fins with faded dark blue coloration (im pretty sure this one is Mbamba).
rsz_demanotsure2.jpg
rsz_demaormbamba.jpg

and finally these peacock cichlids with yellowish golden coloration and black stripes around them , what kind of cichlid is this?
rsz_peacovk1.jpg
rsz_pecock2.jpg

Thank you. 

Most reactions

trending

Back