Help Me Decide....

How many

  • 25

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 35

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 75

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

Behold

Fishaholic
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
548
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Basingstoke, Hants. UK
Ok i have just bought 25 harliquins and 40 cardinals. I found out the hard way that

Pictus Cats
Opaline Gouramis
Red Lined Torpedos
and Balas find cardinals a snack... and those that survive die of high PH even after 4 hours of conditioning....

So as my harliquins are doing well im gonna buy some more after payday.

how many should i get???

I have the following in 120G tank.

1 Gibbs (in hospital....)
25 Harliquin Rasboras
4 Red-Lined Torpedo
2 Opaline Gourami's (Female)
2 Pearl Gourami's (1x Male & 1x Female)
2 Baby Silver Sharks
1 Pictus
1 RTBS
 
I said 25, 'cause more would be nice, but I think you should work out your stocking first.

The balas are going to need more to form a larger school, which could be a threat to your smaller harlequins.
Pictus need to be in groups of at least 4 to be happy and active, but I'm worried that they would eventually think that the harlequins are a nice snack.
RTBS are kinda aggressive and may mess with your harlequins.
More torpedo barbs would look nicer
or more gouramis

:good:
 
I think invaderwithkey pretty much said it.
I would be inclined to get rid of the harlequins and replace them with something that gets a little bigger. The pictus might eat them, the opaline gouramis could pick on them and the silver sharks should be kept in groups. Basically you have a bunch of big fish and a group of little harlequins. It might not work out.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top