Help!!! Is my Cory Dying???

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ken Sauer

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
One morning last week I came downstairs and found this Cory like this. I got a net, thinking he was dead, but as soon as I was about to scoop him out he "woke up" and went back to normal Cory behavior.
Tonight is different.
He has been doing this for two hours.
I am able to wake him, but he swims around for a couple of minutes and goes back to this.
Is this normal or is he sick and dying?
Does anyone know?
Thank you

Attachments

• 62865121061__3DF49F09-0DBB-415B-B32E-4C96541A85CD.jpeg
    62865121061__3DF49F09-0DBB-415B-B32E-4C96541A85CD.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,154
He may have a swim bladder issue, given he is upside down.

What are your parameters?
What are they fed?

what is the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate level in the tank water?

No that's not usual cory behaviour. He may be near the surface trying to gasp for air. Most likely ammonia.

He may have a swim bladder issue, given he is upside down.

What are your parameters?
What are they fed?
Yes, I believe it is a bladder issue. parameters are perfect; no ammonia, etc. I have him quarantened in a 10 gallon tank, will not feed him for three days except to put boiled and peeled green peas in tank

I wouldn’t feed him at all for now. Fast him for a day or so and then offer the pea.

I wouldn’t feed him at all for now. Fast him for a day or so and then offer the pea.
Oh, I went out at midnight last night hunting for a can of peas. I finally found one in a gas station. I boiled 2, skinned them and put them in the tank....
I'm at work till late. Should I ask my wife to try and fish (no pun intended) that pea back out?

Oh, no. If he eats it then it may help. Watch and see if it poops. :)

If fasting and adding a pea doesn't help, you can resort to epsom salt.

Plain unscented undyed epsom salt, do 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons.

Itll reduce swelling and help the digestive tract along, hopefully relieving some pressure off the swim bladder.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back