Help identifying a Betta!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I think his gills are fine. Keep up with the water changes for 14 days and see how he does. Depending on his parents colors, he may just be a muted brown color. Kudos to you for rescuing him! He is a veil tale. He does need a larger tank...at least 5 gallons.

Last edited:
Just as a side note and I may be wrong, but it appears you have him in a a very small bowl. Bettas need at least A 5g tank. If you aren’t doing daily water changes, I’m afraid your boy won’t be improving and why he still looks like his fins are deteriorating instead of improving. The ammonia he produces in his waste will eventually kill him, especially without any live plants to help take up the ammonia. Getting him plants wont negate putting him in a bigger tank or changing the water but it will help a little.

I concur, get him a 5g tank with a filter and a heater. Add live plants and such, no fake plants. I think he’s a veiltale though, could be a crossbread.

His lack of colouration could indicate stress. it's unlikely he will look dramatically different when settled but some colour might appear. If he's stressed act as quickly as you can to reduce it. Any way in which you can better conditions in the tank will help.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back