Help identifying a Betta!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nonoimbewwa

Reaction score
20200205_231150.jpg

This is Ghost! I saved him from a tiny glass bowl a few days ago, and I thought maybe he'd get his color in, but now I'm thinking he's just a brown boi! I was wondering if anyone could help me identify what type of coloring he is? I believe he's a veiltail, but I have no idea about his coloring. He's got tiny red and blue splotches in his clear tail, but not much else. Thank you for your help!

no idea about colour but your water looks cloudy and it looks like there is a film on the surface, and his fins are looking a bit tatty.

do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a couple of weeks.
make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

the clean water should help the fins heal and might bring his colour back if he's meant to be something other than whatever that is.

Okay, thank you very much! I thought maybe he'd been nipping his fins in the tiny bowl he'd been in. But I'll be sure to do that, thank you very much for your help!

I cant tell if it's just the glass or photo but do his gills look odd?

You can add some floating plants like water sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides/ cornuta) if you want to give him something to do. Bettas naturally occur near the surface and hide among plants. Floating plants will also help keep the water cleaner.

You can add some floating plants like water sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides/ cornuta) if you want to give him something to do. Bettas naturally occur near the surface and hide among plants. Floating plants will also help keep the water cleaner.
Thank you! I'll be sure to get some soon, right now my other Betta Coors has a little less that he likes to hang around.

I
I did notice there was one picture where one gill looked inflamed, but didn't notice it on others.
Only see one photo? It maybe looks inflamed? I dunno it almost looks like its covered in something

I did notice there was one picture where one gill looked inflamed, but didn't notice it on others.
What would exactly would I need to do to help Ghost with inflamed gills? I'm gonna try and post another picture when I'm home, but I do know his fins look a little more ripped than they were earlier

What would exactly would I need to do to help Ghost with inflamed gills? I'm gonna try and post another picture when I'm home, but I do know his fins look a little more ripped than they were earlier
I'm so sorry but I don't know!
Someone will pick this up....

Thanks for the photos. I cant tell if theres anything wrong with them or not..:( hopefully some other members can give some insight

I am in no way an expert but I can see inflammation. At the risk of being wrong and looking foolish, I advise you to post a new thread with your pictures on the tropical fish emergency forum. I hope I am wrong and that he is okay, but if he isn't someone will know. I wouldn't wait.
Also go online and look up gill problems with Betta's in the meantime.
I would also post under the separate betta heading , too.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back