HELP! HELP! HELP!! WHAT IS THIS????

Maya~4Ix12chen

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I WAS JUST DOING A REGULAR PARTIAL WATER CHANGE IN MY TEN GALLON TANK. AFTERWARDS, I WAS LOOKING IN AT MY PICTUS CATFISH AND I STARTED TO SEE ALL THESE THIN LITTLE WORM LIKE THINGS IN THE WATER. I DONT THINK THEY ARE MOSQUITO LARVA, OR COULD THEY BE?? I HAVENT SEEN ANY IN THE HOUSE AND MY TANK HAS A HOOD. MY FISH LOOKS LIKE HE HAS SOMETHING GROWING ON HIM, OR IT COULD BE HIS SLIM COMMING OFF?? OH GOSH , ITS BEEN ONE PROBLEM AFTER THE OTHER WITH MY TANK. THIS IS THE FIRST TANK I HAVE SET UP IN YEARS. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME :S

MAYA

i think you are dealing with an external parasite get some pepso food and treat the tank <this is like a laxative for your fish> feed them only this for 3 days also get some... external parasite guard made by jungle this should take care of your problem follow instuctions on bottle, :)

OH THANK YOU!! I WAS JUST LOOKING ON THE NET AT MOSQUITO LARVAE AND THESE THINGS IN MY TANK ARE NOT MOSQUITOS. I WILL GO TO THE PET STORE ASAP AND GET THE LAXATIVE & EXTERNAL PARASITE GUARD.!!! :kana:

Sounds like planaria. A harmless worm that usually shows up when overfeeding is an issue. The fish will eat these guys. Give your gravel a good vac and keep doing your weekly water changes and that will help as well. HTH :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back