Help! About 250ml Of Water Onto My Laptop

Truck

UKAPS
Reaction score
as above, and it wont turn on im worried as it isnt mine ! :crazy:

what can I do?

i didnt hear any frizzling etc ive dried it out as muchas i can and no more water will drip out! i havent opened it up yet, should I?

Don't switch it on - but open it up and allow as much to drain out as poss then get a hairdryer onto it and using a cool to warm setting blow it dry. It should be fine.

No do not use a hairdryer, if its too warm it could do more damage, allow it to dry naturally.

sit it somewhere hot IE boiler cupboard or in direct sunlight let it dry out for3-5days turning it on while any of the internal compotents are still wet could bugger your circuit ...Then you'll never get it on

Remove all the removable parts too to allow them to dry out.

I say dont use a hairdryer as people used to do this to dry out mobiles when they got wet and discovered it wasnt a good idea. But hey your choice.

Letting it dry out naturally is the best way to sort out spillages on electrical items.

Unless its a juice based substance, then that causes problems with diluted sugars etc.

so it should be fine? well i wont be on here as often whilst its drying :( thanks for the replies. it still wont turn on :sad: im gonna get killed if its buggered

Water and electrics are fine, its water and electricity that are a problem. As I was told by the loss adjuster when we flooded! So leave it somewhere warm for a few days and you'll be fine x

I've spilt a full cup of hot tea on the laptop I'm using now when it was turned on :D. Cat jumped on my lap unexpectedly :rolleyes:.

Keyboard doesn't work fully any more though, only because I was inpatient and tried to use it too early.

What I did is take the battery out and all the USB drives and the like, then stopped useding it for a few days. The key is to be patient. As BecciMac1987 said, it's not a problem being wet, as long as it's not turned on when it's still wet. Wait a few days for it to dry.

If it turned off expectantly on its own though, that is a bad sign....

Was it on when you spilt the water?
yes...is that bad? it went off itself, i pressume it shorted out?

Not to make you feel any worse than you do m8, but yeh if it was on and then water spilt it may be you buggered the m/board :( and thats not a cheap thing to replace :( sorry

jen
would a techie be able to know if it has had water spilt on it?

its still under waranty ;)

Yep m8 more than likely, even water will leave a water mark when dried :(, but if you have accidental damage insurance that will cover the damage :)

Most reactions

Back