Hello

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Tutsfish

Reaction score
Thank you all for the ad, and Iā€™m so very glad I found you all! I googled for an answer to a question I had and came across this site and I appreciate having found it.

I had a 29 long, tiger barbs primarily, for years until around 10 years ago and recently Iā€™ve had the interest peak again to the point I dropped $ for a 55ā€™r which is now cycled, planted and has a few initial critters. By the way, arenā€™t Panda Garraā€™s the bomb? Iā€™ll be getting tigers again also. I think I need a larger tank than my 10 gallon I got for a quarantine tank for the barbs (will get a school of 12 or so) and that was my question that led me here. Ok, getting verboseā€¦
10A33768-B704-4D89-B844-9F2F4D9D4F0E.jpeg

I look forward to learning a lot here. Again, thank you all in advance!

Welcome to the forums! :)

No, Panda Garra are NOT the bomb as they are WAY beyond that. I have four. There are some reports about them as to fighting but they really aren't, they are playing with, so far, zero signs of damage from their antics. With my ~55 years of now and off fish keeping my favorite has always been a rope fish but my Pandas are stuffing the ballot box trying to change that. How many Pandas have you? From advice here and other research they seem to do best in a group of 3-4. They will also do well with just one but won't be as happy or as active as with 3-4.

Have you reached in your tank and had the beasties latch on your hand yet? If not they will. I double dog dare you to rub some freeze dried tubifex worms on your fingers and reach in the tank. ;)

PLEASE keep in mind that Pandas need a variety of foods from Algae, Bio Film and Proteins. If you don't have live algae in your tank I suggest that you increase your lighting to cause an algae source. The Pandas WILL control the algae. As a side benefit you can have your lights on for more hours. I'm currently running my lights ~11 hours per day and MAY increase a bit as my algae levels are dropping.

Sorry to ramble but I've totally fallen in love with Pandas. LOL! Since my rope fish seems to not care about it neither do I. ;)

Hey Jaylach, thank you for the info!

I have 5 of the little buggars and although they are only an inch (or less) long they are still entertaining.

There is still some biofilm and brown algae on the wood and some algae here and there otherwise and they are competing for it with a handful of American Flag fish I have. So Iā€™m feeding them all algae wafers and some Repashi along with any of the left behind flakes left by the other fish. I do my best to not over feed however. ā€¦and I test my water once or twice a week.

I also am running the LED lights trying to encourage algae, 12 hours actually, along with the fertilizer for the plants.

Thank you my friend for helping me feel welcome here. I look forward to learning from you and others.

šŸ šŸŒ±

Hi & welcome to TFF... :hi:
Panda garras are nice looking fish... Had done donated once...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back