Hello. Not too new but always learning

goldfritz

Reaction score
A little about myself. Got into the hobby because of my son. It's been 5 years now. One day, after visiting an aquarium, my son asked for a hermit crab. So we stopped by the pet store; but they only had really big hermit crabs, much, much bigger than the ones he saw and played with at the aquarium. So, we ended up with a goldfish and a 10-gal kit.

Currently, I'm maintaining 2 freshwater tanks: a 40 gal and a 20 gal. The 40-gal contains our original goldfish + 3 other goldfish. The 20-gal contains a single Glofish Tetra that's about 2 years old (all his tank buddies have died of old age; I'm just waiting for him to die and decommission the tank).

I'm happy be a part of this hobby and join this forum. Just watching the fish swim is very relaxing. I hope to share my thoughts with you and learn more about fish keeping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

Would love to see pictures of your two tanks. :good:

Would love to see pictures of your two tanks. :good:

Sure.

40gal.

Our very first fish is the second from the left. He's the smallest of the 4 goldfish. I think he's stunted more than his tankmates. We have names for each of them. Tank maintenance is a real pain as these goldfish pollute a lot since they are pretty massive relative to the 40 gal tank. I do a water change almost everyday. Recently, they seem to have developed a taste for java moss (they used to never eat it), so there's not much plant life in the tank anymore.

20 gal.

A little warning: it is not pretty. I've stopped tank maintenance (except to refill water) after its last tankmate died because I think this fish will die soon (but it's been quite a while now and the tank's taken over by algae). Glofish tetras are supposed to live ~2 years, all its tankmates died at ~2 years mark, this guy is way over due.

Most reactions

Back