Hello =) New To Site.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

alexshaw

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Im new to this site Just saying hello and cant wait to learn more about my hobby. Cheers =)
Heres my set up, Mollys Guppies Sword tails 2 silver sharks a bristle nose pleco Sailfin gold spot pleco
and an apple snail. 60 Litres =) Will be upgrading to a 250 or more over the next week.
Aquarium Set-up 2 - Copy.jpg

Picture is a bit dated but will take more Latter =)

Where abouts in NZ are you by any chance?

Also, do your silver sharks fight at all? 

welcomeani.gif
to the forum! I hope you enjoy it here.

Welcome Alex.

You have some issues with your stocking... is this a newly set up tank?

We definitely want to make sure we are bringing you into the community here on the right foot... and that means making sure your fish are setup to thrive.

Hey Yep my tank is a little over stocked I am upgrading in a week this is temporary. Will have a 250 Litre very soon =), And no my silver sharks dont fight. They Get lonley in singles. Good to have silver sharks in pairs. Can speed up growth.

I have brought a bunch of food i mixed up into a seal bag including  Spirlina Flakes, Tropical Fish Flakes, Colour Up Flakes and i put some spirlina pellets in for bottom feeders every 2nd day.

I feed my fry the same mixture just crushed into powder along side brine shrimp feed.

I am located in Tauranga New zealand =)

And as i stated the picture is old its from when i had just set it up. Will upload new photos soon =)

welcomeani.gif
to the Forum.

Glad to hear your planning on upgrading your 60l / 15 gal to a 250 litre / 66gals.

Will love to se pics when you get around to doing this.

Just a little more info in case you didn't know,

Silver/Bala Sharks actually do better in groups of 5+ and as juveniles, they will be fine in the 250 litre / 66gals until they outgrow that, so for adults you're talking absolute minimum 472 litres /125 gals plus.

Gold Spot Sailfin Pleco -  Pterygoplicthys joselimaianus do grows to about 12" and will be much happier in that 250 l tank thankfully.
http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/species.php?species_id=177

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Yeah theres so many different advice online heaps people say they do better in pairs and that they may fight in schools. But then people say they do better in schools and wont fight. Ive come to the conclusion that they all ave there own personalitys the ones i have at the moment have only ever been in pairs. Theyve ever been in a school. They look healthy are very active and are feeding fine, so if that changes i will reconsider getting more and tank bigger then 250 Litre. My sharks are about 3.5cm each. ones rounder and longer then the other so im guessing it may be a girl. Only time can tell. and as for my pleco hes little too only 4cm.
Im very excited for a tank upgrade they have been quite pricey here but will be very worth the wait. Payday is tomorrow night so i will start looking now =) Thanks for your advice.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back