Hello New Here I Am 3/4's Into My Fishless Cycle

How much ammonia are you dosing in ml?

I notice in an earlier post you said that your tank is 214 litres, mine is 180 litres and I had to dose mine 7.5ml to get it to 4ppm. The ammonia I was using was from boots and was 9.5% (of ammonia in solution), is the ammonia you using 9.5% or more as 6ml seems a little low to me for a 214 litre tank to get it to 4ppm.

How much ammonia are you dosing in ml?

I notice in an earlier post you said that your tank is 214 litres, mine is 180 litres and I had to dose mine 7.5ml to get it to 4ppm. The ammonia I was using was from boots and was 9.5% (of ammonia in solution), is the ammonia you using 9.5% or more as 6ml seems a little low to me for a 214 litre tank to get it to 4ppm.
put 5ml last night , what should of i done? and i will do a rest soon

amm is 0.25/0.50
nrite 0
nrate 5

i topped up the ammonia to around 5ml is that ok? could someone get back to me when they can thanks

Yes. Every time it drops that low, top it up again.

You don't need to ask everytime, the answer will stay the same.

top up to 6ml all the time then yes? thats what i am asking and when will i need to stop adding? to have fish in the tank and so on

Ok, through the process you'll notice it takes less and less time to get through all the ammonia. When you are adding every day, and it is down to minimum level after 12 hours. Keep going 1 more week to make sure, then you do a massive water change, and add about 80% of your fish in one go.

Once you have fish in, you don't add any ammonia. But keep checking for ammonia and nitrite, and if either start creeping up, do a water change to take care of it. But it shouldn't. After a few weeks or even a month or 2, add in the final fish.

Sorry if my last post seemed snappy, I didn't mean it to but Reading it back it does kinda seem off.

Ok, through the process you'll notice it takes less and less time to get through all the ammonia. When you are adding every day, and it is down to minimum level after 12 hours. Keep going 1 more week to make sure, then you do a massive water change, and add about 80% of your fish in one go.

Once you have fish in, you don't add any ammonia. But keep checking for ammonia and nitrite, and if either start creeping up, do a water change to take care of it. But it shouldn't. After a few weeks or even a month or 2, add in the final fish.

Sorry if my last post seemed snappy, I didn't mean it to but Reading it back it does kinda seem off.
ok hanks mate, and if i cant get fish within 2 weeks just keep topping up and when i know i have enough money for fish give it 1 more week puttin ammonia in before getting the fish then ?

well after i stop adding the ammonia i will give it 2 days or something and see if its come back hopefully it wont

if you stop dosing the ammonia then it won't come back, the bacteria youve spent so long creating will just die right off. you need to keep adding the ammonia.

read through everyones replies from the first page. you might get the bigger picture

i am talking about when i get enough money for fish before i get them i will stop adding and test for ammonia 2/3 days before i get fish to see if the ammonia is not there oh and the nrite

Most reactions

Back