Hello New Here I Am 3/4's Into My Fishless Cycle

ph 7.6 ( possibly more but it only goes up to 7.6 )
amm between 2 and 4 ( dark green but not the darkest )
nrite 0
nrate 5

what to do now? or from now on?
how long after dosing the ammonia did you test ?
if your cycle is going as it should you should see nitrite shortly after dosing
test again 8 hours after dosing if your reading is 0ppm or 0.25 ammonia dose 6ml again
we need to know if your seeing any nitrite during the 8 hours if you are seeing nitrite then 8 hours later both ammonia and nitrite are 0ppm i would say you were cycled
too be sure you are cycled keep doing the same prosses for a week adding everyday the 6ml of ammonia then testing 8 hours later

ph 7.6 ( possibly more but it only goes up to 7.6 )
amm between 2 and 4 ( dark green but not the darkest )
nrite 0
nrate 5

what to do now? or from now on?
how long after dosing the ammonia did you test ?
if your cycle is going as it should you should see nitrite shortly after dosing
test again 8 hours after dosing if your reading is 0ppm or 0.25 ammonia dose 6ml again
we need to know if your seeing any nitrite during the 8 hours if you are seeing nitrite then 8 hours later both ammonia and nitrite are 0ppm i would say you were cycled
too be sure you are cycled keep doing the same prosses for a week adding everyday the 6ml of ammonia then testing 8 hours later
tested at the time i posted mate and in 8 hours time it will be 4am i will have to test when i get up

strange result i would have thought with the ammonia being 2 and your nitrate has gone up you should be showing a considerable amount of nitrite aswell so thats a bit odd test again tommorow morning and redose your ammonia then

strange result i would have thought with the ammonia being 2 and your nitrate has gone up you should be showing a considerable amount of nitrite aswell so thats a bit odd test again tommorow morning and redose your ammonia then
redose to 6ml?

still aint topped up yet coz noone got back to me after my recent results so what do i do today?

You know what's odd?

The nitrate has gone down, not up. How many plants do you have?

And yes, every time ammonia gets that low, redose to bring it back up, otherwise you'll end up starving the bacteria and going backwards.

Most reactions

Back