Hello, I need some help!!!!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

silver

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I know there is an emergency section, but I need answers FAST!!!!! :D

I woke up this morning to my 30 (2 BPs and 2 Rainbows and 1 RL Pleco) looking smokey like..........milky maybe.....but no milk had spilt inside. There is a possibility of a little cola that may have spilt in. I did an 85% water change and threw the old filter media out...put in new sponge and activated charcoal. I know I shouldn't have thrown out all the old media, but it could have been the culprit and I will watch water levels very closely as the bacteria builds back up.

Does anyone have any information on Bacteria Blooms??
What causes them?
How do you get rid of them?
Are they dangerous?
What do they look like???

Please help me my friends........AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

:S :S :S

ummmm..... i dont think i woulda done all that, bacteria blooms are quite harmless
but its kinda oodd just outta the blue

It has been up for almost a year I suppose.

The filter is the hang on type and it's never held that big of a media piece anyhow. I seriously think it will be okay. Also, I left a tiny chunk of the old icky spong in there next to the new to help the bacteria :D ...............

Anyone..........

Anyone..........

Bump!!!

:santa:

I don't know what could have caused it, but I've had the same thing happen in one of my 10 gallons... just all of a sudden, overnight, BOOM -- it was cloudy. I did multiple water changes on it, but nothing helped until I finally gave in one day and moved all my fish and plants to a temporary tank while I emptied and refilled the cloudy tank multiple times and vaccuumed that gravel until it shined :lol:
My tank was 2 years old at the time... absolutely no reason for it to fog up like that -_-

Hmmmmm,

well that makes me feel better.

Today it is sparkling clean :dunno: I guess there is no need for me to worry!

Thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Back