Hello From Somewhere In Surrey!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

B13

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi there!!

I'm Linda a.k.a. B13 (it' s a long story!) I'm new to keeping tropical fish, but my Dad kept 'em when I was a kiddie.

I've currently got:

6 Zebra Danios
5 Coolie Loaches (when I can find 'em...)
2 Flying Foxes
2 (mis-sold to me) Sailfin Catfish (I was told in the shop that they'd only grow to 6cms... ...er...)

Other than fishes, I'm a keen cyclist, lover of (very) dark chocolate, sci-fi and alternative rock music, an armchair palaeontologist, volunteer at a wildlife hospital and all-round techie personage who works in TV and music.

...and here's a pic of me doing what I love best, riding 'orses!

2958979364_0545d0da73.jpg

(He's not mine BTW. I wish he was, he's lovely!!)

:good:

Ooo!!

Another Surrey-ite!

I moved here a year ago after living in London for nearly 10 years and I LOVE it! It's so nice to be out in the countryside, yet close to the city!!

:good:

So... seeing as you more than likely know the area better than I do, where's the best/most helpful fish stockists, etc in Surrey?

;)

im from surrey yeah!!!! dorking aquatics is good, its small but my local. family run and knowledgeable. has saltwater and fresh, alsong with foods and accessories and frozen foods. has an outdoor pond fish section with 2 huge carp. they sell koi mostly. however in winter they are all in the sheltered part. the other place i use is maidenhead aquatics in west horsely. its massive and has everything you can need. prices are not too bad but make sure you know what you are buying as i have had some false info from there as they are not there to make friends. do some research before you go!!

any question you have fire away, what part of surrey are ya?

I'm in lovely Ashtead - the village where everything closes at 2pm and y'can't find a coffee shop that has soya milk within a mile and a half radius. Eep!!

*twitches*

:blink:

haha, sweet, my mum used to work in west ashtead primary school!!!

NEWDIGATE!!!!

I LOVE NEWDIGATE!!!

OK, OK, I'm one of the millions who see the sign for "Newdigate", immediately mentally change it to 'Nudeygate' and nearly crash the car laughing...

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

yeah, haha, well maybe when you get up and running, some swapsies can be in order!!! i already have had a few dealings with snakequeen!!!! so its handy knowing local people

Fab!!

Always 'up' for meeting new people, me!!

:hyper:

That's providing all my new fishies don't die coz the bloke in the shop didn't tell me about 'cycling'... All I know about cycling is that it's got usually got two wheels and a saddle.

So I got handed a (tiny) bottle of StressZyme (which I hear is next-to-useless), a test kit that is inaccurate ...and two Sailfin Catfish that I was told will "only grow to six centimeters" (!!)

(You haven't got any spare bacteria lying around that you don't need, do you?)

:blink:

Most reactions

Back